Russian invasion of Ukraine

DRAGON DRONES AT LIPTSY

The introduction of the Dragon Drone at Liptsy now has its backstory.
Liptsy on the western section of the Kharkiv front lies in lowland with the Russians controlling the hills that extend right up to the residential area.
The Ukrainians spotted the Russians preparing for another offensive against the town in the heavily wooded areas of the hills and decided to stop them before they could launch.
The 13th Border Guards planned a first light attack and their armoured vehicles attacked the forest as the first rays of the sun came up. The initial assault went brilliantly and the Russians were quickly sent fleeing, targeted by drone guided precision artillery fire.
The harder part of the operation was getting the Russians out of their trenches in the forest.
For this the Ukrainians deployed an especially nasty weapon, the new ‘Dragon Drone’. Spewing a rain of thermite along the lengths of the trenches, the fire from the drones quickly ignited the Russian trenches causing the enemy to flee - before long the whole section of high ground targeted and more besides was Russian free and a significant part of the high ground recaptured.
It’s not a nice weapon and not one I’m delighted to see introduced. But Ukraine is fighting Russia, a Russia that uses chlorine gas attacks and thermobarics, and kills civilians like it doesn’t matter, so my moral objections I’ll happily swallow for now. In war, ultimately, there are no rules.
The effects can be seen in the photos.

‘The Analyst’ MilStratOnX
Slava Ukraini

DRAGON DRONES AT LIPTSY

The introduction of the Dragon Drone at Liptsy now has its backstory.
Liptsy on the western section of the Kharkiv front lies in lowland with the Russians controlling the hills that extend right up to the residential area.
The Ukrainians spotted the Russians preparing for another offensive against the town in the heavily wooded areas of the hills and decided to stop them before they could launch.
The 13th Border Guards planned a first light attack and their armoured vehicles attacked the forest as the first rays of the sun came up. The initial assault went brilliantly and the Russians were quickly sent fleeing, targeted by drone guided precision artillery fire.
The harder part of the operation was getting the Russians out of their trenches in the forest.
For this the Ukrainians deployed an especially nasty weapon, the new ‘Dragon Drone’. Spewing a rain of thermite along the lengths of the trenches, the fire from the drones quickly ignited the Russian trenches causing the enemy to flee - before long the whole section of high ground targeted and more besides was Russian free and a significant part of the high ground recaptured.
It’s not a nice weapon and not one I’m delighted to see introduced. But Ukraine is fighting Russia, a Russia that uses chlorine gas attacks and thermobarics, and kills civilians like it doesn’t matter, so my moral objections I’ll happily swallow for now. In war, ultimately, there are no rules.
The effects can be seen in the photos.

‘The Analyst’ MilStratOnX
Slava Ukraini
Sadly Russians will have their own thermite drones in 3-5 months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.