Russian invasion of Ukraine

Well, if you won't give the arms to Ukraine to counter similar Russian strikes you have to give Ukraine all the air defence it can shake a stick at.
Biden hasn't done that either.
That’s a wholly separate point.

My question was, for the avoidance of doubt, surely avoiding an escalation with Russia has to be paramount, no?

Isn't the question "what is the probability of escalation"?
Not for the purposes of the question I asked. I’m trying to gauge his subjective viewpoint on a binary question, not his opinion on something founded (for all of us) in speculation.

I will say, however, and fwiw, that the US have called it right on the threat of escalation so far, despite repeated (empty) Russian threats.

Does it not depend on degree of escalation? Russia has been supplied with ballistic missiles from Iran and North Korea, but the West has countered by supplying to Ukraine. From the discussions in Washington, D.C., Russia can be in no doubt that if it fires those missiles into Ukraine, then the West will acquiesce in Ukraine using the weapons it has supplied to retaliate proportionally inside Russia. My guess would be that Russia’s next step of escalation will be to use those weapons against the Ukrainian forces in the Kursk enclave.

Does it not depend on degree of escalation? Russia has been supplied with ballistic missiles from Iran and North Korea, but the West has countered by supplying to Ukraine. From the discussions in Washington, D.C., Russia can be in no doubt that if it fires those missiles into Ukraine, then the West will acquiesce in Ukraine using the weapons it has supplied to retaliate proportionally inside Russia. My guess would be that Russia’s next step of escalation will be to use those weapons against the Ukrainian forces in the Kursk enclave.
Again, fwiw, and absent of relevant intel, I think now is the time.

Not for the purposes of the question I asked. I’m trying to gauge his subjective viewpoint on a binary question, not his opinion on something founded (for all of us) in speculation.

I will say, however, and fwiw, that the US have called it right on the threat of escalation so far, despite repeated (empty) Russian threats.
Russia calls the shots America controls the war to their advantage, thousands of lives being lost in defence of their homeland in an unequal war.
Russia uses whatever weapons they want, the other Ukraine deprived of weapons like for like in an unequal war.
Ukrainians would win if supported by the west but America controlling the outcome Oh! and no NATO lives lost that’s how we support our neighbours turn the other cheek.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.