Russian invasion of Ukraine

I am honestly still holding on to hope that all these predictions come true, but as time goes by, and the quantity of "honestly, the end is nigh for Russia" style tweets/quote/analyses i see piling up, the more skeptical i become of them. I guess it's an attrition of the mind.

Yeah, it's impossible to know. The rate of Russian losses seems completely unsustainable, but exactly how long they can continue, and what will happen when they no longer can (anything from complete collapse to stalemate of current lines) is impossible to gauge. For me at least.

I am honestly still holding on to hope that all these predictions come true, but as time goes by, and the quantity of "honestly, the end is nigh for Russia" style tweets/quote/analyses i see piling up, the more skeptical i become of them. I guess it's an attrition of the mind.

Agreed, seems to have been a constant for a while. constant predictions that Russia are done for and will crumble yet keep coming back stronger ( or at least have learned how to meat wave better )

I am wondering if some of the drones being sent into hit the ammo dumps are thermite based. they have the ones that spray thermite on tree lines to clear them out. a drone that gets enough thermite onto ammo bunker to eat through the concrete into the bunker its self and set ammo off for example.

if not Ukraine has made some other bunker buster tech or the west has supplied long range missiles on the down low.

I am wondering if some of the drones being sent into hit the ammo dumps are thermite based. they have the ones that spray thermite on tree lines to clear them out. a drone that gets enough thermite onto ammo bunker to eat through the concrete into the bunker its self and set ammo off for example.

if not Ukraine has made some other bunker buster tech or the west has supplied long range missiles on the down low.
Looking at the state of most of their equipment, I would imagine that the ammo is probably stored in tin huts rather than robust explosion proof concrete bunkers.

Terrorism is violence with a political objective. Violence includes property destruction blowing up a business or hospital when no one is inside.
I'm not sure that covers it. As I say ones man's terrorist........
Nelson Mandela comes to mind but this is not the time nor the place. My OP related to another post.

Looking at the state of most of their equipment, I would imagine that the ammo is probably stored in tin huts rather than robust explosion proof concrete bunkers.

they look like reinforced bunkers with soil on top. I don't think this can be just put down to poor maintenance of storage, Ukraine did a proper job here. Its possible that it was timed with intel that ammo was being moved?

Screenshot_4-23.jpg

screenshot_1-54-4

Last edited:
That ship has been out of action for 7 years. It will likely never sail again.
It won't without any air crew that's for sure. I understand it has been under going a refit in those 7 years. Had a few issues shall we say.

The air crew must be considered expendable as are most people in Russia.

It’s crazy to imagine the long term affect this will have on the Russian tax payer. Billions of $s worth of military infrastructure destroyed.

That’s on top of the munitions they’ve used, the salaries of soldiers.

Over half a million working age men dead/injured and no longer earning money and paying taxes.

Sanctions from the West.

Terrible future ahead of Russia.

All for what?
A 3 day war that is now 2 1/2 years old.

Most of what we seem to get linked to on satellite imagery doesn't look like it's underground, it generally looks surface based, and even then, even if it's "hardened", concrete doesn't last forever, and will deteriorate over time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.