Russian invasion of Ukraine

I have to admire the Ukrainians with their response to the Russian invasion. It’s my hope that with the poor results by the military and the sanctions on the Russian elite and the country, that Putin will be deposed and the people will rise, with some sort of genuine democracy emerging that can work closely with the west and be a partner and not a threat. I believe the Russian on the street doesn't want to be seen as an enemy and threat by Europe, especially the more younger generations. (Merely a hope, that I really wish was a prophesy).

Outside sources cannot take out Putin, but if the elite lose confidence and money, then things might have a chance of changing internally (and I don’t care how). I’d like to think the treat of nuclear weapons would be just that and I’m sure that China would be having an influence in that sphere in some form. A decimated western culture/northern hemisphere is no good to them, although on the other hand, they may be happy ruling a partial world, but without the volume of trade they require, I don't think so.

Putin totally miscalculated this one. His experience is all about being the bully, the superior force spitting out destruction on a small enemy and he set this invasion up the same. Unlike the other conflicts, the Ukraine has much larger population, with a much more experienced fighting force and better equipment..........and not prepared to lie down and give in when confronted. The Kremlin thought it would be all over in a couple of days, but now that it is becoming more protracted, they are having supply issues and allowing areas they have moved through and not ‘cleansed’, who then attack their supply lines and starve their front line troops. My concern now is that they need to win this and will resort to more and a more 'scorched earth' policy to get results and with that will come horrific civilian casualties.

A strong bombardment of Kharkiv, along with peace talks is a bully at work. It's supposed to intimidate in an effort to create fear in those across the table from them. I don't think they are learning much about the will and resolve of the Ukrainian people from these recent days.

Putin is getting backed into a corner the longer this pressure persists and the more that happens, the more dangerous he could get. I suppose he could let off a small nuclear explosion in part of Ukraine, which would put the shits up the west and make them pay attention, but I don’t know if he could actually do that in reality and what the implications would be. (Just speculation on my part, but I'm sure there are others with more knowledge than me on that subject).

Europe is remarkable in at last showing some unity, albeit a little slow and still looking after it’s individual interests regarding sanctions.
I see people are now calling for a reverse of Brexit, as this is proof that Europe can work together as one happy family. Unfortunately, I think once this is all over, Europe will immediately revert back to it’s previous form of self interest first and foremost with Germany and France at the epicentre. That said, I think it has shaken a few up to the realities of life and what could happen under extreme circumstances.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Tory party. Holy fuck, it is unbelievable how low they can stoop. SCUM!

I am no Rees Mogg apologist, but you are off your trolly if you think he, or indeed anyone else, should be expected to kiss £40m goodbye when they can just draw the money out instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.