Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sanctions were not designed for an early big blast, but longer term. Yale have done a review which suggests that Russian GDP will eventually drop by 50%. A bit optimistic but some indication of the effect within the next few years.
As I said earlier, I was born in russia and I have many relatives and friends there. In a big way, the sanctions for six months did not affect their lives in any way. After all, their standard of living, as it was at a low level, remained there. The artificial exchange rate of the ruble against the dollar introduced in russia even made their life a little better. All these sanctions primarily affected more advanced people with an average or above average income standard of living. And in russia there are very few of them. As an example, most of my acquaintances in russia have a salary in the region of 30,000-50,000 rubles, at the current exchange rate it is 570 dollars. Before the war, at that rate, it was $ 466. So see for yourself whether the sanctions really helped in the short term or not. Personally, my opinion is that the orc government has already learned how to circumvent the imposed sanctions with the help of neighboring countries, such as Kazakhstan, Armenia, China and other countries loyal to russia.

As I said earlier, I was born in russia and I have many relatives and friends there. In a big way, the sanctions for six months did not affect their lives in any way. After all, their standard of living, as it was at a low level, remained there. The artificial exchange rate of the ruble against the dollar introduced in russia even made their life a little better. All these sanctions primarily affected more advanced people with an average or above average income standard of living. And in russia there are very few of them. As an example, most of my acquaintances in russia have a salary in the region of 30,000-50,000 rubles, at the current exchange rate it is 570 dollars. Before the war, at that rate, it was $ 466. So see for yourself whether the sanctions really helped in the short term or not. Personally, my opinion is that the orc government has already learned how to circumvent the imposed sanctions with the help of neighboring countries, such as Kazakhstan, Armenia, China and other countries loyal to russia.
I read Kazakhstan was publicly at least, beginning to show more support for Ukraine. Do you think that might be for show only?

I read Kazakhstan was publicly at least, beginning to show more support for Ukraine. Do you think that might be for show only?
I am 1000 percent sure that this is just a show, specially played out so that side sanctions are not imposed on Kazakhstan. The people of Kazakhstan do indeed support Ukraine in their mass, but the government of Kazakhstan is very good friends and buddies with the government of orcs

While there are clearly some ways to avoid sanctions, they have limitations. None of those friendly to Russia, for example, have access to the technology that Russia is missing.
If you look at the trade figures, things are clearly deteriorating. Russia now hides its figures, but they can’t hide those of the counterparty, for example, EU exports and imports numbers. Even China has much lower numbers for Russian trade now. Russian production is well down. Over 1,000 companies have left Russia.
Google Yale economic report on Russia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.