Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yes. But a lot of pretty serious military and political analysts are of that opinion as well and tgat has changed my mind.
Hopefully the consequences gave been spelled out in great detail to the Russians.
So what consequences could they possibly be? If they’ve said to them if you use a nuke, we will do the same that just leads to MAD. Sanctions would be a laughable thing, have they told Russias allies say Iran that if you are onboard you become a target as well? China and India to name a few May have been worded up that if he does use one and you do not condone it and immediate sanctions etc then you are also against us leading to an economic war of massive proportion?

Looking forward to hearing putin's ironic speech about how bad Ukraine are for attacking the annexed areas because they belong to russia

Been mulling this and here’s my pessimistic view…only 1 nation has used nuclear weapons and this will be the basis for Putin using them. I can see him using a tactical weapon on Kiev. If it takes out Zelinsky, all the better for them. They will then use the American’s use of them to justify it by bringing the war to an end. After all, he will say, the Americans dropped 2…really hope it doesn’t come to pass, but modern thinking doesn’t come easily to Putin when he’s trying to rebuild his idea of the Soviet Union…

So what consequences could they possibly be? If they’ve said to them if you use a nuke, we will do the same that just leads to MAD. Sanctions would be a laughable thing, have they told Russias allies say Iran that if you are onboard you become a target as well? China and India to name a few May have been worded up that if he does use one and you do not condone it and immediate sanctions etc then you are also against us leading to an economic war of massive proportion?

Everyone serious that I’ve heard discuss it has said if he uses a nuke it will be a tiny tactical one and on infrastructure not people.

And we’ll know it’s coming from hours out because the US and allies will have eyes on the entire Russian arsenal. It might get shot down.

Whether it lands or not, The most likely consequences would be that China and India cut them off entirely from trade and aid, and Russians start starving to death and killing each other within a few days/weeks.

The world would go into a pretty mental Cuban missile crisis style panic, with MAD just around the corner, but the US and China would move to calm those fears and keep the world economy on track ruling out retaliation.

Ultimately using one would be signing his own death warrant and that’s why it’s very unlikely to happen. No matter how humiliating defeat in Ukraine is, he can slink away with his tail between his legs but hundreds of billions in his pockets and still in control of Russia.

Last edited:
Been mulling this and here’s my pessimistic view…only 1 nation has used nuclear weapons and this will be the basis for Putin using them. I can see him using a tactical weapon on Kiev. If it takes out Zelinsky, all the better for them. They will then use the American’s use of them to justify it by bringing the war to an end. After all, he will say, the Americans dropped 2…really hope it doesn’t come to pass, but modern thinking doesn’t come easily to Putin when he’s trying to rebuild his idea of the Soviet Union…
Pessimistic view it may be but also one that may well be used by the mad man from the Kremlin.
However, I am not sure that one "tactical" nuke would bring an end to this as "western" allies have theri embasies back in Kyiv and so they may well be impacted by any such attack.
Add in the amount that those supporting Ukraine have invested in supporting them. Well that would be lost at a stroke if that one nuke were to end this. I cannot see any of the Ukrainian allies being willing to allow that to happen.
But then, its not really about anything that "the west" thinks...as its only about what those who are having THEIR country fucked with that count.

Ukraine never owned up to attacking Crimea.
And ...of course ...it was Chelsea fans that did that

I just can't see them using even a tactical nuke...

Only place they'd realistically use it is in Kyiv to try take out Zelensky but he will more than likely be in a bunker..so all Putin will have done is killed alot of innocents.

If he does anything it qill all be tactical and underhand just like with the gas pipes, it woll be done so that there's not 100% evidence they have done it.

I just can't see them using even a tactical nuke...

Only place they'd realistically use it is in Kyiv to try take out Zelensky but he will more than likely be in a bunker..so all Putin will have done is killed alot of innocents.

If he does anything it qill all be tactical and underhand just like with the gas pipes, it woll be done so that there's not 100% evidence they have done it.

There is the talk of turning everything west of the so called independent new states into a no mans land. Trouble is what type of fall out would be raining down on the Donbas etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.