Russian invasion of Ukraine

There is a huge problem for certain parties in the US in that by donating the older tech arms to Ukraine and it decimating the ruSSians, it's proving that new technology isn't required
There's so much money to be made in R&D and supply of something shiny and new. People will have been lobbying and demonstrating that new technology is required to stay ahead. Over the years they will have been bigging up ruSSia and this war is proof that ruSSian conventional forces are not a threat and the American arms development "cash cow" is in danger
Perhaps the country enemy list for USA is more extensive than Russia?
However I must agree that probably USA were more aware of Russias falability than we think.
Today USA seem to be worrying about a baloon invading it's geography so maybe that is part of the defence concern and maybe R and D budget requirement?

There is a huge problem for certain parties in the US in that by donating the older tech arms to Ukraine and it decimating the ruSSians, it's proving that new technology isn't required
There's so much money to be made in R&D and supply of something shiny and new. People will have been lobbying and demonstrating that new technology is required to stay ahead. Over the years they will have been bigging up ruSSia and this war is proof that ruSSian conventional forces are not a threat and the American arms development "cash cow" is in danger
It’s ok there’s always China

Last edited:
Eisenhower warned about exactly this in the early 50s. And he, of course, was a general.Nothing new under the sun.

Eisenhower warned about exactly this in the early 50s. And he, of course, was a general.Nothing new under the sun.
I think it was his farewell address as President in 1961, but you’re quite right that there is nothing new in this situation.

Was at my parents house last week, as my step-mother died in December and came across this little beauty I got at KKMC on the 3rd Feb 1991 from an A-10 that had just returned from a sortie…at the time, they were absolutely devastating to the Iraqis…30mm depleted uranium shell case…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
China are a much more formidable potential enemy than Russia. Whether their technology is closer to a match to US weapons technology I don’t know, but it will be used to justify defence spending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.