Ruthless summer clear out

LoveCity said:
The "in a nutshell" version of the Mirror articles:

<a class="postlink" href="http://justpaste.it/1w5d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://justpaste.it/1w5d</a>

IMO this is bull. Mainly because if we do sell most of those players that would leave us with a squad of a out 13/14, which ain't gonna happen. We would need to buy possibly another 12 players probably at a minimum of at least 12 m each. The article is rubbish

btw if I've got this completely wrong I'm tired and that's my excuse ;)

I got the 13/14 number from the players that are safe

I think Nasri and Dzeko could save their career at City but they must perform. Tevez will have to decide what he wants. Hard to say what will happen with Barry or Milner (some pay-cut maybe?). Kolarov and Sinclair don't play often enough.

All fascinating stuff. I have no idea who's right and who's wrong but after 40+ years of following (& singing) the Blues it is amazing that we can be talked about in this way and can look forward to a future where we are challenging for honours and not looking on from the sidelines waiting for the old pisscan to die so we can have something to celebrate.

For what it's worth I think we should make the following adjustments to the squad:

OUT:

Sinclair
Bridge
Santa Cruz
Kolorov
Maicon
Tevez (let him go back to Argentina for a smallish fee - despite the nonsense he has done his job in the advancement of the Club)

???

Pantillimon
Nasri
K Toure (has impressed me when called upon this season but probably not content to continue as a bit part player)
Lescott (I would keep him for the squad but suspect he will want to play more than he will given the direction the Club is headed. And as has been said we may still get a reasonable fee)
Dzeko (again I would keep as I think there is a shed load of goals in him if we provide the right service. In my view he is also a model professional who is good for the Club's image)

IN:

Pace on the flanks
A regular taker of the chances we create
A deeper sitting playmaker

I don't care who the players are and am prepared to trust in the judgement of those now in charge of the Club (compare and contrast with the Swales era???).

If we cannot overhaul the Scum and their latest academy based team (where do their scouts keep finding players like the whiter than white Van Persil?) then so be it. Roll on 2013-14!

One final thing I don't want Rooney. He's a grade A cnut!

moomba said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
moomba said:
9 starts from 24. 2 starts in Europe.

yes, but this season milner has started more and more games and is becoming a very important player. You need grafters like milner in the team and squad.

i know hes not some fancy foreign name, but without players like him and barry we wouldnt be as good.

As mentioned it might be him looking for a move somewhere he can play week in week out.

9 starts out of 24 in the league suggests he's not as integral as dome would think.

but hes been out for a few weeks injured, so maybe he could of played a few more games

xzbit04 said:
very interesting in the mirror, love the quotes about weekly meetings between Txiki and Mancio

Bobby means business: Roberto Mancini planning massive Man City spending spree

Roberto Mancini has not given up hope of retaining the Premier League title – but the Manchester City boss is already plotting a huge summer spending spree.

Mancini has revealed that he is holding weekly meetings with the club’s sporting director Txiki ­Begiristain to ensure that the ­mistakes that have left them ­trailing Manchester United are not repeated.

Mancini still blames Brian ­Marwood for failing to deliver top targets like Robin van Persie, Javi Martinez and Eden Hazard in the aftermath of last season’s title ­triumph.

And, although the only ­significant piece of business that the Champions conducted during the January transfer window was the £20million sale of Mario ­Balotelli to AC Milan, the ground work is already being prepared for a major overhaul of the City squad.

Names like Edinson Cavani, Radamel ­Falcao, Neymar, Isco, Steven Jovetic and Fernandinho feature prominently on ­Mancini’s ‘A’ list of ­targets.

And this time he ­believes the club will deliver.

Eding this way? Cavani has been a long-term target for City
Giuseppe Bellini

Mancini said: “It’s difficult in January to find really good players for us.

“Clubs don’t want to sell now, but maybe they will in the summer. We need to work now, so that it is not like last year.

“Last year we didn’t work well. It’s important we start now. Now’s the time we can close in on some good players for the summer.

“I have meetings with Txiki every week and we talk about the summer.

“It will be easier to get players in the summer if we work hard, well and quickly now.

“You can’t start looking at players in May because all the good ones are gone and it becomes impossible.”

Twelve months ago, ­Mancini urged City to begin work early on his transfer plans, but – with the outcome of the title in the balance – there was a period of inactivity that allowed United to snatch Van Persie, while Hazard opted for Chelsea and ­Martinez moved to German giants Bayern ­Munich.

Instead, City recruited Matija Nastasic, Javi Garcia, Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair and Maicon, who have been introduced to the squad with mixed degrees of success.

Watching Van Persie fire United’s bid to reclaim the title with a ­brilliant goal burst has become a source of frustration to Mancini.

But Etihad insiders insist that every signing is made with the manager’s full approval.

One that got away: van Persiehas made the difference for United this season
John Peters / Getty

An influx of new faces will ­coincide with an exodus of players that will enable Chief Executive Ferran Soriano move more ­towards balancing the books as he works in tandem with Mancini and ­Begiristain.

And the fact that Mancini is seen as a key part of the recruitment process suggests that he will be at the Etihad next season regardless of whether he is able to overtake United this time.

After failing to ­harness Balotelli’s potential, the ­Italian is aware that temperament is just as important as talent.

Mancini added: “I think that it is very important to talk to new players about their ­mentality.

“We only need players who can improve our team.

“They need to be good players, but also with a good mentality.”

Mancini has no doubts about the character of the players that ­Balotelli left behind.

City entertain Liverpool today in a game that they must win if they are to deliver on their manager’s belief that United can be caught.

Mancini said: “Last year we were eight points behind with six games to go.

“If we did it then we can do it now. It’s not impossible that we can catch them because we still have 14 games to play.

“The season is long and we still have a chance. We will do ­everything we can to win this league – and we still have a good memory of last season.”
time for the barca boys to earn their money

Deepest Blue said:
micky_blue said:
IMO

Players Out
Pantillimon
Kolarov
Lescott
Maicon
RSC
Bridge
Dzeko
K Toure

Possibly going?
Rodwell
Nasri
Tevez

Def Staying
Hart
zaba
Company
Nastasic
Y Toure
Silva
Aguerro

others.......who knows
Rodwell?

Why on earth would we sell a young lad we have only just signed and has just returned from injury to be integrated with the team.
He is highly rated and I would say that we are nowhere near cutting our losses on him.

Rodwell?

Why on earth would we sell a young lad we have only just signed and has just returned from injury to be integrated with the team.
He is highly rated and I would say that we are nowhere near cutting our losses on him.

Indeed.

The squad certainly needs an overhaul in the summer and the deadwood need to be moved on. Therein lies the problem as we've seen before. Many of the players are on such big contracts it is difficult to find buyers for them unless they agree to take big pay cuts. Only those out of contract will be gone for certain. i can't see the sense in selling Lescott either given the injury record of Kompany and Richards.

As for incoming players no way will Ronaldo join us. The only PL team he'd play for would be the Rags. The are good players out there who wouldn't cost the earth as other teams have shown. We'll need to sell before we buy in the summer whatever the headlines say about us making marquee signings.

bluestevei said:
moomba said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
yes, but this season milner has started more and more games and is becoming a very important player. You need grafters like milner in the team and squad.

i know hes not some fancy foreign name, but without players like him and barry we wouldnt be as good.

As mentioned it might be him looking for a move somewhere he can play week in week out.

9 starts out of 24 in the league suggests he's not as integral as dome would think.

but hes been out for a few weeks injured, so maybe he could of played a few more games

Maybe he could have. And maybe if Yaya was still here or Barry wasn't injured at the start of the season he would have played less.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he could get more playing time elsewhere.

Player Value Keep Or Sell

HART 20M KEEP
PANTI 4M KEEP
WRIGHT 0 RELEASE

MAICON 2M KEEP
NASTASTIC 18M KEEP
BRIDGE 0 RELEASE
KOLAROV 8M SELL
KOMPANY 25M KEEP
CLICHY 12M KEEP
LESCOTT 10M SELL
RICHARDS 15M KEEP
K TOURE 0 RELEASE
ZABBA 10M KEEP
BARRY 6M KEEP
MILNER 10M KEEP
NASRI 15M SELL
RAZAK 5M KEEP
RODWELL 8M SELL
SILVA 32M KEEP
GARCIA 12M KEEP
SINCLAIR 5M SELL
YAYA 25M KEEP
DZEKO 22M SELL
AGUERO 32M KEEP
ROQUE 0 RELEASE
TEVEZ 8M SELL
GUIDETTI 8M KEEP

76M IN SALES ADD IN BALO FOR 19M AND 45M FOR THIS SUMMERS BUDGET ...140M TO SPEND ON REPLACEMENTS .....get spending everyone

Hummells 25m
Cavani 40m
Jovetic 25m
Fellaini 25m

Cover for Clichy at left back needed and another playmaker

In think we all know the players that need to be gotten rid of, but I would like to see us sign some real quality if possible.

Four top drawer signings and we would be unstoppable, although people on here would say that these are Footy Manager selections.

Hummels
Cavani
Bale or Neymar
Gotze, Reus or Pedro.

.................................Hart................................

.........Kompany.........Hummels........Nastasic..........

..Zabaleta.................................................Bale..

................................Yaya................................

..........Gotze...................................Silva............

...............................Aguero..............................

...............................Cavani...............................

Or

................................Hart.................................

Zaba...............Kompany....Hummels..............Clichy

................................Yaya................................

..........Gotze..............Silva...............Neymar........

...................Aguero............Cavani......................

Maybe too attacking, but a strong back 4, protected by Yaya.

Any current players unmentioned would be squad players!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.