Ryan Giggs - an evening with..... in Hertfordshire (p115)

The CPS and police Evidence should be water tight, so it makes the jury life a lot easier with or without good lawyers
like I said, why take it to the crown court if the Evidence is not water tight ? I just don't get it
If it were that simple, no case would be found not guilty.

It doesn’t work like that.

Edit. I was on a jury where two blokes were accused of assaulting a taxi driver.

It was pretty obvious that the bloke on trial had done it, yet the taxi driver’s account of what happened totally contradicted his police statement.

In a case where it was his word against the defendant‘s, they hadn’t proven that he had committed the assault and so he was found not guilty. In the judge’s summing up, he basically told us the decision to make. “When making your decision, do not base it on what you think happened, but what has been described to you in this court.”

He then asked us all to stay in court after the trial and we got to see the defendant’s mate get banged up having plead guilty.

He got 6 years.

Cant be in the public interest to do all this again Shirley.
In her interest if she knows it to be true , cant keep this low conviction rate in these cases continue , women dont come foward for this reason and for him to clear his name if it is not true, insisting on all of the jurors to agree was only going to lead to a hung jury

How can you blame the police or the Cps ! If they hadn't charged him people would be slagging them off. They charge him and still get slagged off.

not so

the Evidence must be there in the first place to go to crown court or the CPS would not do it
like I said, it's got to be water tight for them to go to crown court, so something major gone wrong here, maybe the jury selection and Giggs being a famous had a major part on them,

it stinks from the start and money and power and the media played its part

not so

the Evidence must be there in the first place to go to crown court or the CPS would not do it
like I said, it's got to be water tight for them to go to crown court, so something major gone wrong here, maybe the jury selection and Giggs being a famous had a major part on them,

it stinks from the start and money and power and the media played its part
It’s also why defence lawyers are so well paid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.