Ryan Giggs - an evening with..... in Hertfordshire (p115)

I reckon he won’t have to face another costly trial. If this is the case he will have never been found Not guilty and a permanent question mark will always be there. This is almost as bad as being convicted.

I reckon he won’t have to face another costly trial. If this is the case he will have never been found Not guilty and a permanent question mark will always be there. This is almost as bad as being convicted.
No doubt that will factor itself into the decision making when the CPS decide whether to do it all again next year

A realistic prospect of conviction is the test to meet. There obviously was that, as it took a jury days to decide. The issue now is, the evidence is what it is and so would another jury come to the same difficult stalemate next time.

There was some sort of trouble with a couple of the jury members and was stood down
but you're right the jury come to the same difficult stalemate in a new case ? This will be settled out of court now
and damages claimed

not so

the Evidence must be there in the first place to go to crown court or the CPS would not do it
like I said, it's got to be water tight for them to go to crown court, so something major gone wrong here, maybe the jury selection and Giggs being a famous had a major part on them,

it stinks from the start and money and power and the media played its part
You are blaming the police and the cps when in fact it is the law of the land. Giggs is allowed to choose trial by jury. He did. They decided that they couldn't decide on his guilt or innocence. No one is to blame.
The police gathered all the evidence and the cps presented it. The prosecuting barrister is one of the best in the country, I know because the defence remarked on it.
If they cannot get a conviction it is not for the want of trying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.