S.O.S.Save Our Shaun (Merged)

They say there's no room for sentiment and I would agree with that. Almost.

Given the fact that we are allowed a squad of 25 and that he's been looking sharper pre-season, added to the fact that he clearly loves the club like a fan, I think it's worth keeping him on.

He's a connection to our past that's just about good enough to warrant a place in our 25 man squad, if he's happy with that of course.

gordondaviesmoustache said:

Given the fact that we are allowed a squad of 25 and that he's been looking sharper pre-season, added to the fact that he clearly loves the club like a fan, I think it's worth keeping him on.

He's a connection to our past that's just about good enough to warrant a place in our 25 man squad, if he's happy with that of course.
I must rate players on a different scale. I honestly belive that he's a lot better than sentiment (I know you do and I know your brief words aren't tne justice you'd give him and all that shit and shite than just 'history') and he could actually make a living off being a footballer. He's pretty fucking good.

He has played out of his skin this pre-season and has worked very very hard Mancini should include him in his 25 man squad and give him a fair chance because he looks very sharp almost the old SWP has returned, I would hate to see him leave again

I must rate players on a different scale. I honestly belive that he's a lot better than sentiment (I know you do and I know your brief words aren't tne justice you'd give him and all that shit and shite than just 'history') and he could actually make a living off being a footballer. He's pretty fucking good.

Joycee Banercheck said:

Well I am saying that he's good enough to warrant a place in a squad that I fully expect to challenge strongly for the PL and the ECL next season. That makes him pretty fucking good I guess :-)

I've always felt his final ball lets him down - even at at his pinnacle with us (2001-2004 I guess) and that is why I cannot see him (injuries permitting) starting for us in a meaningful game next season.

Can you see him playing a bigger role than a bit part player?

Edit: just seen my previous post, the last sentence of which I worded poorly. I meant to convey that he was just about good enough to warrant a place in the 25 in addition to his connection to our past , rather than the connection in itself being enough.

Swp has never given less than 100% for us but whether that has been to everyone's satisfaction is another matter.

I remember when we resigned him. I was fcking made up.

Mancini must have been impressed with his pre season and he deserves a place in the squad.

Mancini needs to get better at rotating and resting players.Shaun could easily do a job in 50% of our home matches.

It was good to see him put Shaun, Johnson and Barry on today to show them that they are part of the first team and played yesterday to provide experience for the kids.

If shaun goes he will always be remembered well by me.

People slagging him off should be fcking ashamed of themselves.

Joycee Banercheck said:

Well I am saying that he's good enough to warrant a place in a squad that I fully expect to challenge strongly for the PL and the ECL next season. That makes him pretty fucking good I guess :-)

I've always felt his final ball lets him down - even at at his pinnacle with us (2001-2004 I guess) and that is why I cannot see him (injuries permitting) starting for us in a meaningful game next season.

Can you see him playing a bigger role than a bit part player?

Edit: just seen my previous post, the last sentence of which I worded poorly. I meant to convey that he was just about good enough to warrant a place in the 25 in addition to his connection to our past , rather than the connection in itself being enough.
I didn't see your earlier post, but I'm a pedant and now I need to change this game to my way of thinking.

Hoo Hah

You are right about Shaun. On every level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.