Saúl Ñíguez

Not seen that much of him due to Sky dropping Spanish football, thus no recordings.

Has he got any pace ?
Not Sterling/Sane pace. But more than enough to do the job. His aggression is top quality. I think he is a lityli lose with the ball, but then again, I think most Athletico players are.

Also, because his teammate, Rodri, plays a lot like a younger Busquet, I'm surprised our interest is not more in him. Perhaps Pep feels that aggressiveness (Bernado like with a bit more bite) is more suited for the Prem.

On a side note,if we do sign Saul to play DM, we can expect to have a team that consistently start more left footers than right footers. That would be interesting.

Eddy,
Eric,
Zin/Mendy,
Dave/Berny,
Saul,
Sane/Mahrez

At a minimum, we'll often be starting 6 a game :)

Not Sterling/Sane pace. But more than enough to do the job. His aggression is top quality. I think he is a lityli lose with the ball, but then again, I think most Athletico players are.

Also, because his teammate, Rodri, plays a lot like a younger Busquet, I'm surprised our interest is not more in him. Perhaps Pep feels that aggressiveness (Bernado like with a bit more bite) is more suited for the Prem.

On a side note,if we do sign Saul to play DM, we can expect to have a team that consistently start more left footers than right footers. That would be interesting.

Eddy,
Eric,
Zin/Mendy,
Dave/Berny,
Saul,
Sane/Mahrez

At a minimum, we'll often be starting 6 a game :)

Cheers.

Left footers catch people out from time to time, I think, so not a bad thing.

I hope whoever we sign for that job, has decent pace. I think we lose a crucial yard or so sometimes, positioning when a move breaks down, & we are getting away with it, but rivals are analysing us all the time & that, plus crosses & also headers, are the few things they can routinely target to improve their chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.