Saúl Ñíguez

Not Sterling/Sane pace. But more than enough to do the job. His aggression is top quality. I think he is a lityli lose with the ball, but then again, I think most Athletico players are.

Also, because his teammate, Rodri, plays a lot like a younger Busquet, I'm surprised our interest is not more in him. Perhaps Pep feels that aggressiveness (Bernado like with a bit more bite) is more suited for the Prem.

On a side note,if we do sign Saul to play DM, we can expect to have a team that consistently start more left footers than right footers. That would be interesting.

Eddy,
Eric,
Zin/Mendy,
Dave/Berny,
Saul,
Sane/Mahrez

At a minimum, we'll often be starting 6 a game :)

Messi approves

I hate to say this but Utd would love to sign him as well and if he's available they will surely be interested.

Genuinely not concerned about United being interested in the same player these days. If the player wants to come for the right reasons, he'll chose City. The only thing United have over City these days is willing to overpay on wages to get one up on us and 'history', which really doesn't count for much these days unless you're Barca/Real.

If a player wants to go to a club with one of the greatest ever managers who's famed for developing players, with one of the best squads in world football and is in contention for every competition, he'll choose City. You only have to look at two bullets dodged in Sanchez/Fred to see what happens when players are drawn in for the wrong reasons.

I hate to say this but Utd would love to sign him as well and if he's available they will surely be interested.
He signed a 9 year contract with Atletico and I don’t think he’s on much. If he leaves, it will be for footballing reasons, not money. Luckily, we can offer both.

Watching him now for Spain (v Malta) and he is having a bit of a mare in the first 25 minutes.

Misplaced several passes, missed a sitter (sending it over the bar from the centre of the goal 10 metres out), and just generally looks loose with the ball.

Awwww man! They are going to get another one over us aren't they? Pogba, Fred, Alexis.. what other world beaters am I missing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.