Safe Standing: Rail Seating in South Stand

Why do people see this as some kind of magic moment that instantly changes the atmosphere? It's a rail to hold on to during a surge in an area where everybody already stands the entire game. I welcome it because it shows the people in charge are willing to consider the fans desires but in reality absolutely nothing will change.
There are other positives to safe standing other than atmosphere.

With current seated set-ups, how many injuries have we all got over the years from falling over seats in front when we score?! I fell over after us scoring at Old Trafford once, and split the plastic seat-back a few rows in front of me and it stabbed me in the face. Had a nasty cut above my eye.

I’ve also got permanent lumps on my shins that’ll be there for life because of constantly bashing my shins on the seats in front year-after-year.

With rail seating, nobody from behind can rush down or fall down rows pushing me forward or me do the same to rows in front. It also gives you something to lean on or hold into with your hands so you won’t bash your shins on the seat in front.

It also allows people who may struggle to stand up for 90minutes to lean on the rail taking the weight off their feet.

Of course when we finally go for the 1.5 people per space it brings more people into the vocal areas and will create a better atmosphere (but that may be a decade or so off yet).

Lots of clubs are implementing this now. Chelsea in particular is an interesting one, as they have rail seats behind both goals and in the upper tier behind the goal as well.

would be great if we could have it implemented in the south,north stand and south stand level 3
Spoke to one of the people installing the rail seating last week and he said they are going in North stand level one next season, can't see it myself but that is what he said.

Spoke to one of the people installing the rail seating last week and he said they are going in North stand level one next season, can't see it myself but that is what he said.

that’s what I’ve heard.

a few posters above are saying it’s going to make no difference, but if we implement it in the north stand and create a home end it will make a huge difference

Anyone know why the safe standing sections end before the aisles? So with 6 seats either side of the rail sections? Or had they just not completed it - seems odd that it hasn’t been communicated to SC holders which Seats have changed unless I’ve missed it. seems to be more room now in the safe standing seats as no step

Anyone know why the safe standing sections end before the aisles? So with 6 seats either side of the rail sections? Or had they just not completed it - seems odd that it hasn’t been communicated to SC holders which Seats have changed unless I’ve missed it. seems to be more room now in the safe standing seats as no step
The Club are completing this work in the next few weeks.

Were the rails too low? I thought they were supposed to be around waist-hip height?

Thry looked like they were only above peoples’ knees.

2beec33db8fa1bb03abe85cde2775132.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.