Safe Standing SS3

I'm sure the poster who said all of SS3 will be rail seating has done so on the basis of what he or she has heard at an OSC but I'm highly doubtful that will happen.

There could be a section at the top to mirror what's in the away section but I can't see all of L3 becoming safe standing. I don't see it being done on safety grounds as although the rake is steeper than the rest of the stadium I'd say it is more in line with what you'd expect in a football stadium. Elsewhere in the ground it is shallower as is the case with an athletics stadium.

The barriers definitely havent been in for any game before Saturday, my seat is the one next to the segregation so would have noticed if they were there before, im on Row Y and they started probably 4 or 5 rows back from me. Bit of a weird one sticking them there because as soon as we play someone who doesnt sell the full allocation (Palace in a couple of weeks) you'll get City fans in them seats who dont want to stand
You don't have to stand

I'm sure the poster who said all of SS3 will be rail seating has done so on the basis of what he or she has heard at an OSC but I'm highly doubtful that will happen.

There could be a section at the top to mirror what's in the away section but I can't see all of L3 becoming safe standing. I don't see it being done on safety grounds as although the rake is steeper than the rest of the stadium I'd say it is more in line with what you'd expect in a football stadium. Elsewhere in the ground it is shallower as is the case with an athletics stadium.
I would say it's a lot safer WITH the barriers, stops people falling forward

The same as it is now you mean...
Except now there is hardly any standing towards the front of 316 where I am. If you get some standing for any length of time they are told to sit down by people behind.

If rail seating is installed the default will be standing and asking people to sit down would be pointless.

Not sure I agree with your last point. I’d say it’s much safer with rail seating. Newcastle, Chelsea and other clubs also have standing/ rails in the upper tiers now as well

to start with it makes sense to make the back 10 rows or so safe standing.

I find it a bit strange that the club have decided to put the rail seats in mid-season when they could’ve done it in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.