Safe Standing

Has anyone got pictures of half a dozen modern stadiums with terracing? Hereford United's Edgar Street has a large terrace behind the goal but I'm looking for top division sides with standing areas. I want to see how they incorporate traditional terraces within a newer design.

I'm going to cause a stir and say I don't want terracing back at City. I find them primitive.

peoffrey said:
Has anyone got pictures of half a dozen modern stadiums with terracing? Hereford United's Edgar Street has a large terrace behind the goal but I'm looking for top division sides with standing areas. I want to see how they incorporate traditional terraces within a newer design.

I'm going to cause a stir and say I don't want terracing back at City. I find them primitive.
arenaaufschalke6.jpg

3600876878_e539f56809.jpg

Ive just bought me and my 9 year old daughter seats in block 110, have i made a mistake? They appeared from nowhere whilst i was deciding which 3rd tier back wall seats we were going to have. There aisle seats so we might be ok but if everyone in the block is standing, shell love the atmosphere but im worried she wont be seeing much of the game.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
peoffrey said:

Hardly anyone wants terracing back. We want safe standing areas, nothing primitive about them at all. And, of course, no one will force you to stand. It's all about offering fans a choice.

I disagree. The safe standing people truly want terraces back. Not just the right to stand in front of a chair.

peoffrey said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
peoffrey said:

Hardly anyone wants terracing back. We want safe standing areas, nothing primitive about them at all. And, of course, no one will force you to stand. It's all about offering fans a choice.

I disagree. The safe standing people truly want terraces back. Not just the right to stand in front of a chair.

Well as the person who started the campaign off in 2000 and been involved in the campaign ever since, I can tell you that terracing is truly what I - and the FSF - have never campaigned for. Unless you have any compelling evidence to suggest otherwise?
We want German style safe standing areas where every two rows there is a barrier with a seat attached which is locked back for domestic games to allow 18 fans to stand for every 10 seats.
This would comply with UEFA / FIFA regulations that their games must be played in all seated grounds. Clubs would not convert to standing if it prevented that area being used in European / International games.
Also, MP's would never vote to bring back terracing and the Hillsborough Families Group would quite rightly be opposed to it too.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
peoffrey said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:

Well as the person who started the campaign off in 2000 and been involved in the campaign ever since, I can tell you that terracing is truly what I - and the FSF - have never campaigned for. Unless you have any compelling evidence to suggest otherwise?
We want German style safe standing areas where every two rows there is a barrier with a seat attached which is locked back for domestic games to allow 18 fans to stand for every 10 seats.
This would comply with UEFA / FIFA regulations that their games must be played in all seated grounds. Clubs would not convert to standing if it prevented that area being used in European / International games.
Also, MP's would never vote to bring back terracing and the Hillsborough Families Group would quite rightly be opposed to it too.

I wouldn't say quite rightly, as you pointed out this isn't asking for terracing. This is asking for SAFE standing.

100,000 people can stand in a field to watch a concert but people pull a face when people want to stand in a safe environment.

I've never understood the logic of those so against standing at football.

GazC said:
100,000 people can stand in a field to watch a concert but people pull a face when people want to stand in a safe environment.

I've never understood the logic of those so against standing at football.

Because the issue has nothing to do with safety. It's about control. The authorities dont trust us. That's why we cant drink and watch a game at the same time but every other sport can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.