Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

GunnerGer said:
BringBackSwales said:
GunnerGer said:
I can give you an honest opinion of Sagna for anyone interested from an Arsenal point of view.

He's a very very reliable if not spectacular right back. He's strong in the air, he's good in the tackle, good positionally, very professional & understated.
He was great for the first couple of seasons for Arsenal, then had a few bad injuries which resulted in a loss of form & confidence, but he's worked very hard & now he's probably had his best season in a while for us.

He wasn't the best attacking wise compared to someone like Zabaleta, and his crossing wasn't good at all, but the stories are he worked very hard on his crossing and deliveries in general over the past year or so and it's paid off as can be seen on that youtube clip & some of his deliveries in the 6-3 game at The Etihad. By the waym he's competent at left back as well, and very competent at centre back, look out for highlights of our game vs Norwich recently where he was very rarely troubled. He's easily a better right back for us than Clichy was a left back, if that comparison makes sense.

It'll be hard to see him go, in an ideal world we keep Sagna and still sign someone like Aurier to learn from him for a year or 2 before he moves on, but it seems destined that he's off to City. Can't speak for everyone but he'd certainly go with my best wishes if he does decide to leave.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMD567J0NI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSMD567J0NI</a>

All very reasonable and well put, are you sure you are an Arsenal fan?

I mainly just post in The Arsenal thread as I sometimes feel i'm intruding lol, but I like to think of myself as one of the level headed one's. Whether other would agree with me you'd need to ask them........ :-)

tbh pal every other arsenal fan who has posted in here has been irritating (at best); the constant booing of Nasri etc shows most of your match going fans as being arseholes. You however are most welcome, posting fair and rational stuff like that, cheers

According to Twitter, Sagna is now being offered 150k a week. 200k by the time he signs.

By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Bacary Sagna has travelled to Manchester to open formal talks on Monday with Manchester City, Goal can reveal.

The right-back was officially approached by the Premier League champions on Sunday, the same day on which he paraded Arsenal's FA Cup trophy in the streets of Islington.

Both parties are confident of tying up a deal in the coming days before Sagna joins up with the France squad at the end of the week as they begin their World Cup preparations.

Barring any last-minute hitch in negotiations, the defender could agree a three-year contract with Manuel Pellegrini's team and even undertake a medical with the club by Tuesday

Davs 19 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
That hair has to go, he's not in shoreditch now
You seem to be a bit of a leading expert on hair. Should I get rid of my moustache?

Only if you have sections of it bleached blonde and braided.
I fear you are far too hip and trendy for the likes of me, Davs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.