Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

karen7 said:
Stoned Rose said:
karen7 said:

Not at all Karen. It just burns my wig out all the bollocks I read on here from people who actually think they know the inner workings / thoughts of our club.

Some people carry on as though Khaldoon takes them to Nando's for a scran every Friday and runs our FFP and transfer strategies by them.

I agree with you,i was just being a bit cheeky :)

Not sure whether to flirt back or remember I'm a taken man ;)

I am definitely in the THIS is good business clique. I don't know and don't give a stuff what his wages are, the only people who will know that are the player and City. The press if they knew would all be singing from the same song sheet, the bastards don't know and pick figures out of thin air. If City said this player is worth 1m quid per day I would still think it is a good deal because the club can afford him given we have to break even and go into profitability in the not too distant future and no matter how much we like Zab he can't be expected to play 68 + games in a season. Oh when is the press conference?

Stoned Rose said:
karen7 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Not at all Karen. It just burns my wig out all the bollocks I read on here from people who actually think they know the inner workings / thoughts of our club.

Some people carry on as though Khaldoon takes them to Nando's for a scran every Friday and runs our FFP and transfer strategies by them.

I agree with you,i was just being a bit cheeky :)

Not sure whether to flirt back or remember I'm a taken man ;)

Best go with the latter :)

sam-caddick said:
If the paepers are correct and it's a deal is all agreed and he has had his medical then I can see this signing being announced tonight or tomorrow.

Club playing it safe - getting a cake made to mark the occasion. Might hold things up for a few days whilst the icing sets.

nmc said:
sam-caddick said:
If the paepers are correct and it's a deal is all agreed and he has had his medical then I can see this signing being announced tonight or tomorrow.

Club playing it safe - getting a cake made to mark the occasion. Might hold things up for a few days whilst the icing sets.

Check the press room for draughts. Don't want one of the candles going out and scuppering the deal at the last minute...

unlikelyfan19 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I can't see any negative to this.

Zab had to play too many games last year and needs competition.

Richards clearly wasn't rated by Pellegrini.

We could play up to 60 games next season. 30 each.

I wouldn't say he needs competition. The guy is a model professional and since I have been watching him, only plays harder and harder the older he gets. But it will be good to get him some rest more often.

He needs cover. An injury to Zaba next season and we'd be well up shit creek. Richards hasn't offered anywhere near enough cover for the past 2 years and when he has, he's not been up to it. Behind that, we don't have anybody capable at RB.

Sagna's a very good player and is a bargain. Given that all of the sky high wages reported include all possible bonuses and signing on fees, I'm not at all bothered. We know what we're doing.

CityStu said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I can't see any negative to this.

Zab had to play too many games last year and needs competition.

Richards clearly wasn't rated by Pellegrini.

We could play up to 60 games next season. 30 each.

I wouldn't say he needs competition. The guy is a model professional and since I have been watching him, only plays harder and harder the older he gets. But it will be good to get him some rest more often.

He needs cover. An injury to Zaba next season and we'd be well up shit creek. Richards hasn't offered anywhere near enough cover for the past 2 years and when he has, he's not been up to it. Behind that, we don't have anybody capable at RB.

Sagna's a very good player and is a bargain. Given that all of the sky high wages reported include all possible bonuses and signing on fees, I'm not at all bothered. We know what we're doing.

Exactly. We've been playing with fire at right back (and centre back really) and good quality cover especially on a free is more than welcome. I'm amazed there is anyone here who thinks this is a bad deal.

Considering Zaba lead the team in minutes played and should see a long Argie run at the WC, wouldn't surprise me to see a rested Sagna as the starting RB during the first few games next season.

Good piece of business. With FFP it looks like we are going to use the bulk of the money on our CB and Fernando if we get him. Even with Sagna's wages it would probably come out cheaper then if you were to get another RB. For one I can't think of any RB that is good enough and available. Even if there was you would end up paying a big transfer fee plus wages. Sagna is a proven RB that will rotate with Zabaleta. The way I look at it is like a 5mil. transfer fee on 80,000 a week. I think after our FFP sanctions we will look for another young RB when Sagna's contract is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.