Sagna signing confirmed (page 109)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sagna

Quick question on this, did I read that we were not allowed to increase our wage bill next season?
If so, how are we expected to sign better players than the ones we are letting go?

Barcon said:
Quick question on this, did I read that we were not allowed to increase our wage bill next season?
If so, how are we expected to sign better players than the ones we are letting go?

We're signing players (and moving existing players onto) more incentivised contracts in which we pay them less up front but offer lots in performance and team related bonuses. FFP counts the upfront wages, but not the bonuses.

The players that we're letting go of have high upfront wages.

Barcon said:
By paying them the same or less weekly wages than the players that leave ;)

Clever bit of business in paying Mancini and his staff off up front. Inflated our wage bill, but really helps now

Barcon said:

Barry 90k Lescott 90k Richards 70k Sinclair 60k is 300k for a start. We're getting more value for money with our contracts these days. They expected the wage bill to come down anyway, new signings included

CityStu said:
Barcon said:

We're signing players (and moving existing players onto) more incentivised contracts in which we pay them less up front but offer lots in performance and team related bonuses. FFP counts the upfront wages, but not the bonuses.

The players that we're letting go of have high upfront wages.

I doubt sinclair has a wage as high as Sagna mate.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Barcon said:

Barry 90k Lescott 90k Richards 70k Sinclair 60k is 300k for a start. We're getting more value for money with our contracts these days. They expected the wage bill to come down anyway, new signings included

Cheers mate, that's what I was looking for. Just wondering though about Mangala, Fernando, Sagna etc.. I know we are doing more incentive based contracts but I'm sure their base salary would be up there with the ones that are going out.
I also thought that part of our "punishment" had something to do with bonuses.

Barcon said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Barcon said:

Cheers mate, that's what I was looking for. Just wondering though about Mangala, Fernando, Sagna etc.. I know we are doing more incentive based contracts but I'm sure their base salary would be up there with the ones that are going out.
Last years figures are inflated due to the Mancini and back room staff pay offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.