Saints (A) Post Match Thread

He isn't 'back'. He isn't affecting games. He has no goals and no assists this season. It's all down to him to start producing. He had a good 20 minutes today. Nothing more. Running his knackers off is the absolute minimum he should be expecting to do.
No he isn't "back", of course not, and I don't think anyone has that opinion.

Well, your "the absolut miniumum" is something we haven't been spoiled with from most of the squad this season.
But the way Bernie pressed from the top of the pitch today and all over the was simply amazing, from the first minute to the last.
To reduce his performance to 20 good minutes is not something I will agree with.

Hopefully him working this hard will help him boost his confidence week by week.

Generally favoured the ‘big club’

funny how we’re a big club when it suits the narrative

also crying like babies about the non penalty when Dias nearly connected with Ings
Was never a pen that one. I wouldn’t have been expecting to get it if it was other way round.

The game was unusual as Southampton didn't park a double decker and actually had a proper go.

The game was the most open one we've had for ages.

As a result it became a "proper" game of football and I for one really enjoyed it.

Dias and Stones were outstanding and work really well together.

Defensively, we have improved so much.

Still far to "nice" and wanting to score the perfect fucking goal all the time though.

A very pleasing 3 points and needs to be used as a springboard to get back to normal.

The game was unusual as Southampton didn't park a double decker and actually had a proper go.

The game was the most open one we've had for ages.

As a result it became a "proper" game of football and I for one really enjoyed it.

Dias and Stones were outstanding and work really well together.

Defensively, we have improved so much.

Still far to "nice" and wanting to score the perfect fucking goal all the time though.

A very pleasing 3 points and needs to be used as a springboard to get back to normal.
A fully fit Sergio would have made all the difference today, in putting that game to bed.

Think about it another way, we have a forward line that scored 103 league goals and added Torres. We haven't lost anyone - Aguero was injured for our most prolific stretch of the season, Silva was on the bench for 2/3rds of it.

Those players didn't just forget how to finish. They just need a little bit of refocusing, a bitnof adjustment, a bit of confidence and then we'll have a rock solid defence and a shit hot attack.
The strange thing is that the media have been raving on about how good Spurs are and how poor we are, but we're only 2 points behind them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.