Saints (A) Post Match Thread

They booked Ederson and gave them 5mins added time just to piss Pep off.

Pep was right about the time wasting on Tuesday though, they even wasted most of what little time was added on. It seems like the officials have a pact, to just allow teams to do it, when it looks like City could drop points. I suppose we could easily have still ended up with a draw but it's not the point.

When is the last time Stones played in a game that let in a goal? Outstanding again. Him and Dias look the best partnership we've had for many a year. And Laporte and Ake are not bad back ups. Just get Lionel in and Sergio back and we might start scoring a few ;)

Dean was his usual 'all about me' performance the useless bag of shite, booked Kev and Ed for what exactly?
I quite enjoy watching him referee other teams but hate it when he ref's us. Not sure what that says about him as a ref

When is the last time Stones played in a game that let in a goal? Outstanding again. Him and Dias look the best partnership we've had for many a year. And Laporte and Ake are not bad back ups. Just get Lionel in and Sergio back and we might start scoring a few ;)

Wolves I think, first game of the season.

Reading this thread I’m not sure we won.
Some of the comments here show what a spoilt bunch frequent this forum.
We can’t expect to win 5-0 every game even if we are City.
The finishing has been poor but that will improve and we are creating plenty enough to win comfortably.
We look a much stronger team other than that.
I still think we’ll have a v good season.

Much better today, we restricted them to a couple of 1/2 chances. Again wasteful with our own chances. Defence is very impressive. Bernados best performance in a long time. Small step taken in the right direction. Anticipating 7/8 changes for the quarter final with an intense amount of games coming over the Christmas period.

Not commented on this game yet today so want to start off by saying fair play to Southampton, what a fucking difference it makes when both teams are trying to win. Far more enjoyable and I wish more games were like that. They didn't deserve to get beat today.

As for us, great 3 points and the kind of energy we need to see more of now, can't come out half arsed expecting to win. Has to be that much commitment from now on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.