Saints (A) Post Match Thread

The game was unusual as Southampton didn't park a double decker and actually had a proper go.

The game was the most open one we've had for ages.

As a result it became a "proper" game of football and I for one really enjoyed it.

Dias and Stones were outstanding and work really well together.

Defensively, we have improved so much.

Still far to "nice" and wanting to score the perfect fucking goal all the time though.

A very pleasing 3 points and needs to be used as a springboard to get back to normal.

Agree some people are moaning about this, that and the other. I dont mind the missed opportunities (might if we lost ), yes it would have been nice to have the game abit more comfortable. But for me that's the first City game I have enjoyed for ages, a really game of footbal. Those teams that just play anti football can just fuck right off ( spurs for one !). I would happily have paid to watch that match regardless of the score. Most of Citys games I wouldnt pay for because of the park the bus opponents.
Southampton were a credit to the premier league and made that one of our best games in ages certainly the best this season by a country mile. I bet the City players really enjoyed a good game as well, both teams were out on there feet for the last 20 minutes lol, like two boxers just taking turns to hit each other.

So I am not going to moan about so and so missing this or that , I for the first time in ages enjoyed a City match. A real football match.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, we have played most games this season WITHOUT A STRIKER due to injuries and lack of fitness. Ask yourself where spurs would be without Son and Kane and dippers minus Sala and Mane.
That is the prime reason we are struggling to score and will improve once we get Kun and Jesus properly back.
Defensively we are much stronger which really pleases me.
Circumstances dictate our lack of goals and it’s pointless blaming managers.
We are creating chances by the cartload and as long as we continue to do that I am sure the conversion rate will improve with the return of our forwards.
No need for panic!

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, we have played most games this season WITHOUT A STRIKER due to injuries and lack of fitness. Ask yourself where spurs would be without Son and Kane and dippers minus Sala and Mane.
That is the prime reason we are struggling to score and will improve once we get Kun and Jesus properly back.
Defensively we are much stronger which really pleases me.
Circumstances dictate our lack of goals and it’s pointless blaming managers.
We are creating chances by the cartload and as long as we continue to do that I am sure the conversion rate will improve with the return of our forwards.
No need for panic!
True, but we are also playing with only one creative midfield player ( KDB) and are wingers either out of form or simply not good enough.

Our attacking options need a very major upgrade and I am sure they will be.

Last edited:
This game has given me more hope for the season than any other so far including the tonking of Burnley. The players really grafted for the result and there are promising signs that players like Stones and Bernado are getting back to something like their best form. I know that Bernado dithered in front of goal but he made a big contribution with his dynamism which he will hopefully build on.

Still a lot of improvement needed but look to be heading in the right direction.

Excellent performance against a much improved Southampton. Finishing again let us down but we haven’t suddenly become a poor team. One defeat in nearly 20 games, one own goal conceded in eight games. Can anyone say why we had to have crowd noises piped in when there was a crowd there and why do the commentators add nothing insightful. We switched formations a number of times, most notably when we played with a false nine but no mention of it. I don’t need to know shit like that was the third time that Redmond has passed the with his right foot to Ward Prowse’s left foot in as many games.
The same rubbish is trotted out over and over again. We all want reasonable debate about tactics and formation. All they want is a soundbite and gossip.

Squad comparisons -check
Transfer fee when player not performing- check
Pep- found out, hasn’t won chumps league- check
State owed-check
Klopp better-check
Squad didn’t eat dinner together-check
Lost dressing room-check
Can’t score, go to Sergio on bench-check

Fans want more information now. They treat everyone apart from the teams in red with contempt. As long as both the Scousers and the Trafford ramblers continue to generate revenue.

True, but we are also playing with only one creative midfield player ( KDB) and are wingers either out of form or simply not good enough.

Our attacking options need a very major upgrade and I am sure they will be.
Gundogan is creative as well as KDB and Foden has potential. Bernardo also creates.
I agree some players are out of form but other than another striker I think we already have the players to take us back to the top or thereabouts. There’s no way we will be funded for or need a major rebuild.
Won’t happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.