Salty reactions from other fans and the media

If you think it’s bad now, wait until next year, this was all over the Ethiad sponsorship which ends next year, just think what will happen when our next stadium sponsor drops a billion on us for naming rights.

I think we will get a marquee non-Abu Dhabi sponsor, which will boil an ungodly amount of piss.

Especially if we can win the CL - that has seemingly made a very serious difference in Liverpools commercial appeal.

Remember that half the point of CFG is advertising - that's what Soriano dreamed it up for at Barcelona. Connected global scouting, and commercial deals. You advertise with us and you get coverage in USA, Australia, China, India, South America.

I think we'll unveil an absolute monster sponsorship deal that will cover the whole group, and City will be designated 90% of the money.

As an Everton fan I can say im quite happy you won.

Yes it means you can spend £200 mill again and pull further away from us but to me thats always happened in football. From the first million pound player, to Jack Walker at Blackburn breaking the british transfer record twice. Chelsea inflated the market, then you did and also Liverpool with Andy Carroll to a certain extent

There will always be a small number of richer clubs in football, but the issue is with the likes of Real, Bayern, Utd etc is that before it was a few clubs, now Chelsea, City and PSG have joined and that equals more competition for players and trophies - challenging the domination.

I believe there has to be some financial rules in place to help the sport be competitive but these current rules are a shambles and not the way to go about it.

It appears to be fans of Liverpool and Utd who are most vocal in their upset - think it stems from them hoping that you were going to be docked points next season
Not a direct response to your post, but me and a couple of City mates were thinking how brilliant it would be if big bucks rolled into Everton and you won the league. The self-absorbed clan you have as neighbours would then not even be the biggest club in the city.

The following are extracts from an article published by The Guardian in April 2019:

Standard Chartered fined $1.1bn for money-laundering and sanctions breaches
Standard Chartered has been ordered to pay $1.1bn (£842m) by US and UK authorities to settle allegations of poor money-laundering controls and breaching sanctions against countries including Iran.

The British bank has agreed to pay $947m to American agencies, including the US Department of Justice, over allegations that it violated sanctions against a string of countries including Iran.

Separately, it was fined £102m by the Financial Conduct Authority for anti-money-laundering breaches that included “shortcomings” in its counter-terrorism finance controls in the Middle East. It is the second-largest fine ever imposed by the UK regulator for anti-money-laundering failures.

The US treasury department said the latest fines settled “apparent violations” of sanctions imposed against Burma, Zimbabwe, Cuba, Sudan, Syria, and Iran.

US assistant attorney general, Brian Benczkowski, said: “Today’s resolution sends a clear message to financial institutions and their employees: if you circumvent US sanctions against rogue states like Iran – or assist those who do – you will pay a steep price.”

The Financial Conduct Authority had raised concerns about anti-money-laundering controls at Standard Chartered’s UK-based correspondent bank and its United Arab Emirates branches. It highlighted “serious shortcomings” in customer due diligence and said the bank also failed to ensure its UAE branches applied proper counter-terrorist financing controls.

The FCA gave examples where a customer was able to open an account by handing over around 3m UAE dirham (£500,000) in cash in a suitcase, with little evidence that the source of the cash was investigated. It also said Standard Chartered failed to collect sufficient information on a customer exporting goods that could have a “military application” to regions involved in armed conflict.

It said Standard Chartered processed transactions worth $438m between 2009 and 2014, the majority of which involved Iran-linked accounts from its Dubai branch routing payments through, or to, its New York office or other US-based banks.

The Rawkites just don't do hypocrisy, do they?
worth repeating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.