Salvatore (Toto) Schillaci RIP

He was a proper livewire in Italia 90, mad starring eyes, histrionics when he didn't get the decision!

His hair did seem to get thicker and more fulsome as he got older. Italians, eh?!?

Sad news. He started the tournament as an unfashionable player but became probably the biggest star in a tournament of stars - Roger Milla, Gazza, Hagi, Stoikovoc (spelling?), Mattheus, Valderama etc.

IIRC he did not take a penalty in the shoot out as Italy went out against Argentina in the semi's but then scored from the spot in the third place playoff against England.

Italia 90 was an amazing tournament and Toto was a big part of that.

.... Italia 90 was an amazing tournament and Toto was a big part of that.
Possibly the best world cup in my lifetime (I was only 3 in 1966, so have no memories of that).Platt's last minute winner against Belgium, Ireland's penalty shootout win over Romania, Roger Milla, Rijkaard spitting on Voller, Gazza's tears, Pavarotti and Nessum Dorma etc etc. It just seems a world away from what football has become now. Less enjoyable as a sport generally, though this last decade or so hasn't been too bad if you're a Citeh fan!

1000023852.jpg

Sad news. He started the tournament as an unfashionable player but became probably the biggest star in a tournament of stars - Roger Milla, Gazza, Hagi, Stoikovoc (spelling?), Mattheus, Valderama etc.

IIRC he did not take a penalty in the shoot out as Italy went out against Argentina in the semi's but then scored from the spot in the third place playoff against England.

Italia 90 was an amazing tournament and Toto was a big part of that.
Stoichkov, Hristo

Many years ago he done an advert in Ireland with Smithwicks taking piss out of a couple of Irish lads
Never has a player who knocked us out of a tournament been so revered by the Irish fans
RIP Toto

Had an tournament in for me the best ever world cup.

Some wonderful memories.

Arrivederci and grazie Toto, RIP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.