Salvio

I do think we could use a natural Left Winger in the squad, but this guy plays on the right doesn't he? Strange

This would be a pointless signing if as many are saying, he's a right
sided midfielder. Wouldn't make any sense.

BlueDejong said:
Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 1m
Serious the interest of #mcfc in Salvio. However huge the difference between what they offer and what #Benfica want.

Oh..It's real.

Interesting.

Just seen he was at Atletico from 2010-2012, he must of played with Sergio for a year.

My guess is that Pellegrini intends to use a proper right winger offering genuine width as one of the major parts of his tactical set up, so if that is the case then only having one player in the squad capable of doing that would be shortsighted.

Navas can't play every minute of every game, so having another player capable of doing similar things so we don't have to completely change the way we play if he gets injured sounds pretty sensibleto me

Inverted wingers are all the rage... assuming he can actually play that role. Anyone seen him much to say whether he's the sort who could cut inside effectively? Navas is more the 'run at defender and take them on' winger so he should play on the right. This guy seems more of a goal scoring winger.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:41 pm --<br /><br />
sam-caddick said:
Interesting.

Just seen he was at Atletico from 2010-2012, he must of played with Sergio for a year.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/04/2560838/atletico-madrids-eduardo-salvio-hopes-real-madrid-target" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... rid-target</a>

LoveCity said:
Inverted wingers are all the rage... assuming he can actually play that role. Anyone seen him much to say whether he's the sort who could cut inside effectively? Navas is more the 'run at defender and take them on' winger so he should play on the right. This guy seems more of a goal scoring winger.

I'm sure that's the role we bought Jo-Jo for?

sam-caddick said:
BlueDejong said:
Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 1m
Serious the interest of #mcfc in Salvio. However huge the difference between what they offer and what #Benfica want.

Oh..It's real.

Interesting.

Benfica close to signing a replacement for salvio attletico miniero winger pizzi this could be on.

After the Navas signing i was wondering if the club would get another winger. Seems logical to have the option to play with a proper winger in both wings at the same time. But even with Sinclair hopefully sold this window. We have enough attacking talent IMO. Can't find the space to fit him in.

birchwoodgingerste said:
sam-caddick said:
BlueDejong said:
Oh..It's real.

Interesting.

Benfica close to signing a replacement for salvio attletico miniero winger pizzi this could be on.

Best Summer window ever!

I trust Pellegrini and Txiki in their choices.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:01 pm --<br /><br />
BlueCityfan said:
After the Navas signing i was wondering if the club would get another one. Seems logical. but even with Sinclair hopefully this window. We have enough attacking talent IMO.

You say that but look at Bayern compared to what we potentially could have.

This is players who play behind the strikers:

Robben, Ribery, Gotze, Muller, Thiago, Shaqiri and Kroos.

We would have:

Silva, Nasri, Navas, Jovetic, Salvio

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.