Salvio

Herbert knows his stuff and wouldn't throw that up there unless it was well founded. Expect no name tabloid journalists to lump on in the next few days saying we're going to bid £40m+

Salvio or Navas would have to become an 'inverted' winger and play on the left I suppose. That would be a waste of Navas who is better as a direct right winger but this guy might be able to cut inside and is a goal scoring winger (10 goals last season).

minnesota blue said:
I reckon too many Blues haven't heard of this guy for this to be a good signing. For this reason we shouldn't definitely pass.
It just would make no sense.

Gaitan on the other hand would, and even that's a hell of a stretch when you factor in the number of good players we have who will warrant game time.

A very good option and could be one of the Argentinian players mentioned.

Never heard of him but if he is a right winger than surely we can't get him with Navas already there. Also seems to have a big price tag. I feel that any more signings we make this summer will be south of 15 million.

Pellegrini has to be the master of rotation.

And also go far in all cup competitions.

cmdub said:
Herbert knows his stuff and wouldn't throw that up there unless it was well founded. Expect no name tabloid journalists to lump on in the next few days saying we're going to bid £40m+

He has said the news is from repected Portuguese sources, so we will see.

Benfica's Argentinian right winger Eduardo Salvio the subject of a €30m (£25.8) bid from the club, according to several respected sources in Portugal.

He definitlely looks to be bought as an mix of a right winger and an inverted winger to be played on the left, also says in the article that he can score 15 goals a season.

51 games last season with 13 goals and 10 assists. He joined from Atletico Madrid the summer before for Benfica's club record fee and had been a regular at Atletico (I watch a lot of La Liga and can't remember him to be honest) where he scored 8 goals and got 5 assists. Portugal is a gold mine of talent, although you have to be careful sometimes as we found out last season after one particular buy from Benfica. :)

If Salvio is anything like Di Maria, who Real paid Benfica over £30million for, then I don't care how many attacking players we already have... get him in. ;)

Certainly more accomplished than Bernard who is going to cost someone £20million-ish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.