Salvio

LoveCity said:
51 games last season with 13 goals and 10 assists. He joined from Atletico Madrid the summer before for Benfica's club record fee and had been a regular at Atletico (I watch a lot of La Liga and can't remember him to be honest) where he scored 8 goals and got 5 assists. Portugal is a gold mine of talent, although you have to be careful sometimes as we found out last season after one particular buy from Benfica. :)

If Salvio is anything like Di Maria, who Real paid Benfica over £30million for, then I don't care how many attacking players we already have... get him in. ;)

Certainly more accomplished than Bernard who is going to cost someone £20million-ish.

This.

Get him in to replace Sinclair, who for me needs upgrading on.

Wingers and number tens: Silva, Nasri, Navas, Jovetic and Salvio.

That is some options.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
51 games last season with 13 goals and 10 assists. He joined from Atletico Madrid the summer before for Benfica's club record fee and had been a regular at Atletico (I watch a lot of La Liga and can't remember him to be honest) where he scored 8 goals and got 5 assists. Portugal is a gold mine of talent, although you have to be careful sometimes as we found out last season after one particular buy from Benfica. :)

If Salvio is anything like Di Maria, who Real paid Benfica over £30million for, then I don't care how many attacking players we already have... get him in. ;)

Certainly more accomplished than Bernard who is going to cost someone £20million-ish.

This.

Get him in to replace Sinclair, who for me needs upgrading on.

Wingers and number tens: Silva, Nasri, Navas, Jovetic and Salvio.

That is some options.

Indeed it is. I have to admit I have no idea what MP and Tixki are cooking up but is smells delicious. If we are really in for him....we must seriously be thinking that 60 games year in and year out is the future. Bring it on.

LoveCity said:

We will probably invert him.

He looks very fast and can score. Can't complain. 30m? If Real can do it, so can we!

Blue Haze said:
LoveCity said:

We will probably invert him.

He looks very fast and can score. Can't complain. 30m? If Real can do it, so can we!

wont be 30 mill more like 15_ 17mill

Solihull Samba Boys said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city-set-to-continue-spending-spree-after-30m-bid-for-benfica-star-eduardo-salvio-8718645.html

Manchester City appeared to be continuing their ambitious summer acquisition programme last night, with Benfica's Argentinian right winger Eduardo Salvio the subject of a €30m (£25.8) bid from the club, according to several respected sources in Portugal.

City have not yet responded to inquiries about the bid but Benfica are already understood to have begun the task of replacing the 23-year-old. The Benfica president Luis Filipe Vieira Ferreira is understood to be asking €40m (£34.4m) though a compromise would appear likely.

City, who this week secured the signature of Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla for around £16m, with £4m add-ons, are also close to securing Stevan Jovetic for £22.4m plus add-ons.

Salvio is a similar player to Jesús Navas, the winger, who completed a £17m move, rising to £21.5m in add-ons, from Sevilla to City last month. A pure right winger, he is known for mixing defensive duties with an ability to score 15 goals a season. He played every game last season for Benfica.

New manager Manuel Pellegrini left City’s South African training camp to spend a few days back home in Chile yesterday. The 59-year-old unexpectedly took a flight out of Durban early this morning, with a personal issue to attend to in Santiago. It meant assistant boss Brian Kidd will be in charge when City took on Amazulu in Durban last night.

Just to be picky, wasn't navas fee 14.9m?

If so, why are journalists unable to get basic facts right?

Buy everyone and worry where to play them later. For every rage comment aimed at City, Txiki will add an extra £10,000 to the transfer budget. ;)

120515411_txiki_377340c.jpg

I know having depth is a good thing but it's a bit much, don't you think? Going to sound like one of the anti-City cliques, but it's must be hard keeping all of the unreal players happy.

If we can get another winger in to upgrade on Sinclair who can be played both on the right and left then we should go for it for sure.

Sergio and ZabMan will help him settle easily with him being Argentinian, not forgetting the amount of Spanish speakers we have around the club now.

Get him in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.