Salvio

There's a difference between being told to play in a position and being able to play that position.

pudge said:
There's a difference between being told to play in a position and being able to play that position.

Nasri's probably had his best games for us there and Milner has done well enough there to be a backup.

25m for a backup is stupid. Could be better spent elsewhere, especially if we're seriously considering going into the season with Garcia as a backup CB. He's shite and any moderately quick or skilful player will murder him time and time again.

Nasri is best played in the middle and Milner is far too inconsistent when played out wide.

Pellegrini has already said he wants two players for each position and it's looking unlikely that Sinclair will be here by the start of the season.

pudge said:
Nasri is best played in the middle and Milner is far too inconsistent when played out wide.

Pellegrini has already said he wants two players for each position and it's looking unlikely that Sinclair will be here by the start of the season.

I don't think Milner has the feet to play CM for us and his inconsistency isn't a huge problem if he is backup

Nasri
Silva
Navas
Milner
Jovetic
Aguero
Negredo
Dzeko

For 4 positions in both 3-1 and 2-2 formations looks good to me.

Yaya
Fernandinho
Rodwell
Barry

If anything I'd say spend the money on a backup CB/LB and a Barry replacement like Matuidi. or raid Sevilla again for Kondogbia and let Yaya nurture him into the next Beast.

Still, I trust Pellegrini, it's just the CM looks more lacking in depth than the attacking players, esp. if/when Rodwell gets injured

Signing Navas doesn't automatically cure our lack of width, and general pace. If Milner and Nasri our the backups for the wide men or indeed ARE the wide men, then we are straight back to square one along with our problems last season.

Also, if the club want this guy then they will have a place in mind for him.

ElanJo said:
pudge said:

I don't think Milner has the feet to play CM for us and his inconsistency isn't a huge problem if he is backup

Nasri
Silva
Navas
Milner
Jovetic
Aguero
Negredo
Dzeko

Yaya
Fernandinho
Rodwell
Barry

If anything I'd say spend the money on a backup CB/LB and a Barry replacement like Matuidi. or raid Sevilla again for Kondogbia and let Yaya nurture him into the next Beast.

Still, I trust Pellegrini, it's just the CM looks more lacking in depth than the attacking players, esp. if/when Rodwell gets injured
Yaya
Fernandinho
Milner
Rodwell
Barry
Garcia
Razak

even Nasri and Zabaleta can play there (Pepe if we sign him, too)

kun said:
ElanJo said:
pudge said:

Nasri
Silva
Navas
Milner
Jovetic
Aguero
Negredo
Dzeko

Yaya
Fernandinho
Rodwell
Barry

Yaya
Fernandinho
Milner
Rodwell
Barry
Garcia
Razak

even Nasri and Zabaleta can play there (Pepe if we sign him, too)

Useless, I'd play Huws over him anyday

Kompany is King said:
Given we have Navas do we really need/want to spend £30m+ on another fast right winger.

Seems to score more than Navas.

Not knocking Salvio, don't know him but it does not make much sense of am I missing something.

Navas will be sold. He's homesick.

Manchester City have made a £25.8m bid for Benfica winger Eduardo Salvio, 23, but the Portuguese side are believed to want £34.4m for the Argentina international.

The last piece in the proverbial jigsaw.

I have to say though that as yet, I am unaware exactly what Stan Colleymore's opinion of this player is.

One thing is absolutely imperative, we need to ask the woman beater and alleged dogging expert how he rates this defender, before firming up our interest. Important to get this one right.

We're going for 4 trophies next season (and the season after that).

We need a big enough squad to cope. Call it 'tinkering' or 'rotation' but it's the here-and-now. That only works when you have serious strength, hence Peller's desire for two player per positon.

I know a little about Salvio from reading World Soccer magazine and like many of Benfica's cohort, he's a quick inventive Sth American. Would fit in well with Aguero and Zabba though of course it's a step up in the Prem.

As for the source, Herbie doesn't waste time on rumours and is more likely as not to be putting a negative slant on City news generally, so I take this as seriously advanced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.