Salzburg travel package -FLIGHT UPDATE PAGE 1

Re: City in Europe - Salzburg travel package

nashark said:
I assume, with regard to the inordinate quoted price, that the package will include private jet travel, luxury accomodation and filthy Asian hookers.
I take it you can get us all a better deal.

Thanks for the info guys but I think it seems a bit dear, really want to go to this one but think it can be done cheaper than that so going to have a look myself unless you can do it cheaper?????

Here we go again, a lad, who over the years has gone out of his way to organise a company to supply independent travel to city fans, and has provided top class flight arrangements and hotels, and ground transfers, is getting grief and shite comments aimed at him.
He is running a business and they set a price, if you can afford it book on it, if you cant then just move on to the next topic.

I guess to some the price seems high, but everything is relative. The Thomas Cook day trip is a bit cheaper, but you have to come home straight after the game. With this trip at least you get a night out in Salzburg rather than being shepherded straight from the ground to the airport.

Obviously some people who were on the ball early have managed to make alternative plans marginally cheaper, and fair play to them, but it's more hassle (e.g. flying to Germany, sorting out train, hotel, transfers etc) and a lot of those cheap flights have gone now. For some of us it's more convenient, and less time off work, to go for a package like this.

To have a go at him for the pricing is a bit rich. If you don't like it, don't book. It's simple. Anyone who's been on one of Spike's trips will vouch for him. I know quite a few who will be booking.

Yea, cheaper alternatives are available, but you'll be flying from Luton or some other outlying airport. This trip, and the Thomas Cooke trip, are flying from Manchester, include coach transfers and in the case of this one a hotel. Give the guy a break.

When you book cheap flights, it can be a false economy. Once you price up your cheap flight, you have to add on travel to/from airport, hotels, trains, taxis etc, it all adds up to the same price.

Dont forget, this includes a night in salzburg too. Dont baulk at the price initially, but think about it before saying negative things.

mainestand said:
Here we go again, a lad, who over the years has gone out of his way to organise a company to supply independent travel to city fans, and has provided top class flight arrangements and hotels, and ground transfers, is getting grief and shite comments aimed at him.
He is running a business and they set a price, if you can afford it book on it, if you cant then just move on to the next topic.
Very good point and well said. I wouldn't be interested myself, but that is my choice, I for one applaud the lad for going to all the trouble.

mainestand said:

Perfectly put....you cant fault Spikes trips...I'll certainly be booking....my only worry is gettin a ticket for the game,,,only got 2000 plus points. How many tickets available to us and whats the availability gonna be like...any thoughts anyone..??

happybluemondays said:
mainestand said:

Perfectly put....you cant fault Spikes trips...I'll certainly be booking....my only worry is gettin a ticket for the game,,,only got 2000 plus points. How many tickets available to us and whats the availability gonna be like...any thoughts anyone..??

Dont worry about tickets...never been on one of Spikes trips when everyone hasnt been sorted by the time the plane has landed....at face as well. Three or four of us lads booking on it. Spike will be a Sunderland if anyone wants to ask any questions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.