Sam Jones the youth team player

WNRH said:
His only saving grace is that he is a kid, but even at that age i knew what respect was and this isn't about him supporting United, he can do that all he wants, it wouldn't bother me if he was doing cartwheels in his living room when Valencia scored because he's only an academy player at the moment.

but to criticise his potential future manager and rub in a win that hurts his future empolyee's and the club he represent's title hopes is a big no no.

Can you imagine a Barca player saying "come on ronaldo get it" when he scores to edge Madrid closer to the title?

They would be killed and then reincarnated just to be killed again.

What a thick twat he is!

Steve Cotterill at Forest has it`s spot on

"He laid down the law in his first meeting with his new squad. Cotterill said: “I had a rule at Portsmouth, that anyone using Twitter or Facebook was not allowed to talk about the football club, their team-mates or the supporters. Otherwise they got fined £1,000 a word.
If someone wants to write a nice paragraph with 20 words in it, then it’ll cost them about £20,000 so I don’t anticipate it happening again."

BlueMo' said:
cleavers said:
grim up north said:
If he played for them and was a City fan and posted stuff like that he would be a hero on here
Correct, and some would be saying get him signed up here.

......and all the rags'd be saying get rid of the cnut
Correct.

MCC said:
What a thick twat he is!

"He laid down the law in his first meeting with his new squad. Cotterill said: “I had a rule at Portsmouth, that anyone using Twitter or Facebook was not allowed to talk about the football club, their team-mates or the supporters. Otherwise they got fined £1,000 a word.
If someone wants to write a nice paragraph with 20 words in it, then it’ll cost them about £20,000 so I don’t anticipate it happening again."
Excellent idea, that. ''Thanks Joey'' Barton would be bankrupt, along with camelmush and grannyshagger.

jazz101 said:
Not surprised this has happened when you look at the supposed "senior players" actions that the youth lads are supposed to be learning from. Tevez fucking off for a holiday when he felt like it then being welcomed back into the fold, Balotelli being plastered across the back pages day after day and generally doing whatever he wants, it's only surprising that youth players aren't acting even more shitty.

Don't agree at all.

Nothing to do with the senior players. He's a kid who could make it here. He needs to go out the door today.

MCC said:
What a thick twat he is!

Half-agree.

I genuinely believe that some players at our place should be specifically not to set up public Twitter accounts. Balotelli is one, I'd hate to see him lose his cool and then we get more media bollocks on our case.

However, in my opinion Kompany and De Jong, Lescott too actually do a good job of bringing things together. They give off a good vibe, occasionally I feel a bit more positive after loss after I've read a VK tweet.

The only difference with the kids now and our older generation of "City Legends" is access to Social Media and if this Sam Jones kid was a 16yr old academy prospect in the 1960's and became a consistent player for us, we'd all be cheering his name these days, with a stand named after him.... Completely unaware of his former allegiances.

I mean Colin Bell was born in county Durham, and started at Bury... Explain to me how he was born a blue and a lifelong blue etc etc?

He probably wasn't, yet he grown to love this club and be adored by fans.
if he'd had a twitter account back in the 50's we'd know more of his allegiance back then.

Give him a chance, I mean who knows? he might just be the one who scores against them to win us the League title in 10 years time....

He's 16, he could remain at this club for the next 20 years - those 20+ years of being around city fans, playing for us etc could have a big effect on his allegiance.

The reality is though most kids at this age don't even make it anyway, so he'll probably be playing for Wrexham in his 20's

Pretty unforgivable what he wrote.

You'd have to be an idiot, even at that age not to realise what offence you would cause.

By all means idolise the rags in privacy, but show some respect to your employers.

Stevie B said:
The only difference with the kids now and our older generation of "City Legends" is access to Social Media and if this Sam Jones kid was a 16yr old academy prospect in the 1960's and became a consistent player for us, we'd all be cheering his name these days, with a stand named after him.... Completely unaware of his former allegiances.

I mean Colin Bell was born in county Durham, and started at Bury... Explain to me how he was born a blue and a lifelong blue etc etc?

He probably wasn't, yet he grown to love this club and be adored by fans.
if he'd had a twitter account back in the 50's we'd know more of his allegiance back then.

Give him a chance, I mean who knows? he might just be the one who scores against them to win us the League title in 10 years time....

He's 16, he could remain at this club for the next 20 years - those 20+ years of being around city fans, playing for us etc could have a big effect on his allegiance.

The reality is though most kids at this age don't even make it anyway, so he'll probably be playing for Wrexham in his 20's

But the problem isn't that he's a United fan. That doesn't bother me. But he showed a lack of professionalism which he wasn't in the slightest bit sorry for. After reading his tweets afterwards I'm sure he was basically forced to tweet that half-arsed apology. Colin Bell may have been a Doncaster Rovers fan for all I care, but whether he would've been shouting about it on Twitter and publicly supporting them to beat us to a league title is very different to just 'being a fan'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.