Sam Kerr.

Black people haven't been in the UK for centuries and they certainly haven't been subjugated. So you think if a white person is racially abused they should just grow up and deal with it? Abusing someone because of the melanin content of their skin is wrong and on all levels and blaming previous wrongs in other continents doesn’t excuse it, especially when you are an ultra privileged millionaire ex footballer

People sticking up for racists usually have a reason, what I got from that post was that the police officer should have just accepted the racism and moved on.

I hope Kerr has the book thrown at her.

Racism works both ways. I'm pretty sure if she had been on the end of some quote, she'd have complained and, certainly, not almost certainly, have won any racism case.

Black people haven't been in the UK for centuries and they certainly haven't been subjugated. So you think if a white person is racially abused they should just grow up and deal with it? Abusing someone because of the melanin content of their skin is wrong and on all levels and blaming previous wrongs in other continents doesn’t excuse it, especially when you are an ultra privileged millionaire ex footballer

I mean we're talking about the Met Police who are literally institutionally racist by their own admission.

Kind of a reverse John Terry
Actually a great example of what would happen if it "were the other way around". White England captain calls another player a "f-cking black c-unt" on camera and keeps his in the England squad, remains Chelsea captain and meanwhile it's the white player's black England teammate who loses his place in the england squad in the fallout.

Actually a great example of what would happen if it "were the other way around". White England captain calls another player a "f-cking black c-unt" on camera and keeps his in the England squad, remains Chelsea captain and meanwhile it's the white player's black England teammate who loses his place in the england squad in the fallout.

I feel like anyone not trying to use this to score culture war points should be able to acknowledge 2 things.

1) Using someone's race to insult them is racist.

2) The baggage of 500 years of subjugation, slavery, discrimination and murder is a pretty large part of why we hold racism to be so abhorrent and when that element is not there the general public treat it differently.

I feel like anyone not trying to use this to score culture war points should be able to acknowledge 2 things.

1) Using someone's race to insult them is racist.

2) The baggage of 500 years of subjugation, slavery, discrimination and murder is a pretty large part of why we hold racism to be so abhorrent and when that element is not there the general public treat it differently.

Racism is complex and nuanced. But I think for someone to be genuinely able to cause harm to someone then power + prejudice both need to be present.

Racism is complex and nuanced. But I think for someone to be genuinely able to cause harm to someone then power + prejudice both need to be present.

I don't think power has anything to do with it. If you insult somebody based on the colour of their skin, that's racist.

Ive got thick skin so it wouldn't bother me, doesn't make it any less racist

I don't think power has anything to do with it. If you insult somebody based on the colour of their skin, that's racist.

Ive got thick skin so it wouldn't bother me, doesn't make it any less racist

Are you white?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.