Samaras, Jo and Santa Cruz

We had all the same excuses applied to Samaras and Jo.

If RSC isn't match fit, he shouldn't be in the team. Premier league games are not training matches.

As I recall, Santa Cruz spent long periods out injured at Blackburn and in fact had only one decent season. He really doesn't look any better than Samaras or Jo - two players who had enough chances to show what they could do.

Even if he is getting his sharpness back/settling in/getting used to a new role/breaking in some new boots or whatever, he isn't going to become that much better than he is now.

Santa Cruz is a good header of the ball when he is 100% fit and can make that little bit of space for himself. I can't see that talent being central to our success any time soon.

mammutly said:
Nothing to choose between them.

Samaras and Jo are fit occasionally, didnt cost £17m and dont feel the need to put all their efforts into interviews saying that we should leave Hughes alone.

Apart from that, yes, they are all shit!

M22_blu said:
writing off a striker after 2 starts and 3 sub apperances, atleast give the guy a chance FFS

He should never have been signed!!!

How the fuck can a football club spend that sort of money on an unfit player? It's ludicrous!

blueinsa said:
M22_blu said:
writing off a striker after 2 starts and 3 sub apperances, atleast give the guy a chance FFS

How the fuck can a football club spend that sort of money on an unfit player? It's ludicrous!

liverpool spent 20million on aquillani and he's not started a game yet so were not the only team to buy injured players, hughes obviously thinks alot of him and thinks he can get the best out of him so he should be given a chance booing him and salting him with just kill his confidence then we'll never see what he's capable of

M22_blu said:
blueinsa said:

liverpool spent 20million on aquillani and he's not started a game yet so were not the only team to buy injured players, hughes obviously thinks alot of him and thinks he can get the best out of him so he should be given a chance booing him and salting him with just kill his confidence then we'll never see what he's capable of

His stalking of RSC was down to a desperation to fill the dressing room with his acolytes, nothing more, nothing less.

Alas i fear we will never see what he is capable of because...

1, He will never be fit enough, and...

2, His admirer will soon be gone!

city need a striker in January? Bring back Bojinov early from his loan. he can do the business.

rsc was never going to grab the headlines after coming on so late.you couldnt describe him as an impact sub to win a game,maybe to consolidate.
the long ball has got to be changed not the personnel.we dont/cant win the 1st or 2nd ball,which takes out our forwards and midfield,hence bullard running the game and immediate pressure on the back 4.which considering the circumstances, they do defend well for the most part until a little chink appears and the opposition starts to think"we can nick 1 here"

My boss at work (rag season ticket holder) swears to me that Santa Cruz will come good. He said at the swamp a couple of seasons ago he made quaver lips and Vidic look shite. I personally am not impressed with what Ive seen so far but for Hughes to sign him for all that money knowing how good he is he cant be as bad as what he has looked so far. We need to give him a chance and not get on his case or else he he wont get back to the level that he can play at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.