Samba (Blackburn)

Blackburn Rovers' Christopher Samba reveals he came close to Arsenal move in January

Centre-back saw a deal to join the Gunners in the winter transfer window fall through and admits he is willing to listen to any offers as he wants to make the most of his career

Blackburn Rovers captain Christopher Samba admits he is open to a summer away from Ewood Park, despite signing a new contract with the club this year.

The 27-year-old was close to a move to Arsenal at the start of the year and admitted that he would consider proposals from clubs at the end of the season.

He told reporters: "I think a move to Arsenal was very close in January but that is life. You have to continue.

"Everybody knows that I am an ambitious player. I am at an age now where I want to try to do something. You only have one career and it would be a shame to not make the best of it.

"I am happy at Blackburn but I will study any opportunities that come my way this year."

The Congolese centre-back explained that he is not trying to fashion a move and is happy to stay at Blackburn if no deals materialise.

He added: "I'm not trying to move away but of course I would look if it is the right thing for me.

"If it happens, it happens, but it [move to Arsenal] wasn't meant to be and football is like that. I committed myself to Blackburn and will always do my best."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/05/09/2478653/blackburn-rovers-christopher-samba-reveals-he-came-close-to" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... e-close-to</a>

Checking around, the fee is around 8 million. I would take him at 8 over Cahill at 20 any day. Our aerial problems would be solved.

trublueaussie said:
Samba was a rock at the back again for Blackburn. Had Torres in his pocket all game. Even made a few YaYaesque forays forward. I rate this bloke highly and would gladly have him.

I agree with you. I've always liked him, except when playing us naturally. It really feels like we need a player of this type to sit next to VK when playing the likes of Stoke.

It would also be nice to have a guy who was a threat to score with his head off of set pieces.

col1958 said:
No thanks would not improve the squad IMO

The squad? He would improve the first team!

He would give us a whole new dimension with his aerial prowess,he also has decent pace and agility.Furthermore he is highly inspirational and motivational and probably one of the bravest players in the league.

Against West Ham he pretty much was the defence...... An awesome display.

Sign him up.

A beast of a CB who can easily go up front in times of need and scare the shit out of defences.

Would make a great squad option.

Said for ages that I'd have been happy with either Samba or Hangeland, Prem proven and a pair of beasts that wouldn't fret about playing the likes of Carroll, Davies, Crouch, Kenwynne etc.

I've always rated him top defender! These are the type of players we need for our squad no nonsense

Blue Haze said:
Blackburn Rovers' Christopher Samba reveals he came close to Arsenal move in January

Centre-back saw a deal to join the Gunners in the winter transfer window fall through and admits he is willing to listen to any offers as he wants to make the most of his career

Blackburn Rovers captain Christopher Samba admits he is open to a summer away from Ewood Park, despite signing a new contract with the club this year.

The 27-year-old was close to a move to Arsenal at the start of the year and admitted that he would consider proposals from clubs at the end of the season.

He told reporters: "I think a move to Arsenal was very close in January but that is life. You have to continue.

"Everybody knows that I am an ambitious player. I am at an age now where I want to try to do something. You only have one career and it would be a shame to not make the best of it.

"I am happy at Blackburn but I will study any opportunities that come my way this year."

The Congolese centre-back explained that he is not trying to fashion a move and is happy to stay at Blackburn if no deals materialise.

He added: "I'm not trying to move away but of course I would look if it is the right thing for me.

"If it happens, it happens, but it [move to Arsenal] wasn't meant to be and football is like that. I committed myself to Blackburn and will always do my best."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/05/09/2478653/blackburn-rovers-christopher-samba-reveals-he-came-close-to" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... e-close-to</a>

Checking around, the fee is around 8 million. I would take him at 8 over Cahill at 20 any day. Our aerial problems would be solved.
Your aerial problems? We have far more problems there, conceded more from set pieces than any other team. 21 of our 39 goals conceded comes from set pieces. Samba is needed at Arsenal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.