Samir Nasri - a joy to watch

Technically gifted but at best he's been lukewarm since he arrived, and this season he's regressed.

xzbit04 said:
Doesn't cause nearly as much mayhem in the penalty box as he could with his ball control and finishing ability

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkUw1ddmA-A&feature=related[/youtube]

:-) samir would kick the fuck out of 99 percent of this forum including me

bezer57 said:
Robbo. said:
Good footballer, but doesn't use his ability nearly enough. Goes missing to easily, thought he was average at best last night.

Did you ever watch Ali b?
If only ! The guy was brill he could thread a ball anywere and for his age he worked his nuts off !! Wish we had him now aged 25ish class act !!

yeah, you never saw the question I was answering. the guy said Nasir is the best ball player we have (all along them lines) had so I said do you ever watch Ali.

Samir Nasri can be likened to most other players at the club. He is technically very gifted. Some weeks he will have an impact and others he won't. I thought that was obvious - perhaps some think not.

I just don't get why single out Nasri? Are all the others immune?

lionheart said:
Kun Aguero said:
He has more natural talent than Silva but often goes missing in games.
Nobody in the Premier League has more natural talent than David Silva, but Samir Nasri is up there in the Top Ten without question.

Could Silva score the goal Nasri did V Porto or V Fulham? and please don't post that goal V Blackpool.

johnmc said:
When you look at him for arsenal, the period when fabregas was out of the team and he was the main man he was awesome and that period was probably what attracted us to him. We have seen nothing like that so far. He has been ok but he is obviously capable of playing much better. He needs to be played through the middle but I doubt we can ever accommodate that.

To be fair John, I think you are talking from watching highlights on MOTD, because most of the time I was watching City matches while Nasri was filling in for Fabregas. That's not having a pop - it's just we all know that 'highlights' don't necessarily give a true picture.

The period that johnmc refers to is really the only period of time that Nasri truly showed what he was all about, prior to that the Arsenal fans and management had grown tired of his inconsistency. Even after that period, the 2nd half of the 10/11 season saw him drift off into obscurity again before we signed him.

Seosa said:
The period that johnmc refers to is really the only period of time that Nasri truly showed what he was all about, prior to that the Arsenal fans and management had grown tired of his inconsistency. Even after that period, the 2nd half of the 10/11 season saw him drift off into obscurity again before we signed him.

I guess that's what a little extra motivation can do for a player. He missed out on the 2010 World Cup & obviously took it to heart. Perhaps recently he's gotten little too complacent with his goals thus becoming easily satisfied.

With Nasri, i often feel like its not his skills that I'm frustrated with, but rather his mentality. He can be so much better than he is if he set his mind to it instead of simply just playing it safe.

He's an incredibly intelligent player & everything that he does, he does for a reason. I think that as strong as Nasri is, he would benefit a lot more with a people's coach than someone like Mancini.

MCFCTrick said:
Is there another Samir Nasri I haven't seen?

Soz and all that, but since my first game in late '68, I haven't seen anything about him that marks him anything more than 'average' as a player for us.

He runs into more dead ends in a game than anyone I have seen in a Blue shirt.....maybe I am missing something...?

THIS!!!! He slows the game down all the time vastly overated!!

kinkysleftpeg said:
MCFCTrick said:
Is there another Samir Nasri I haven't seen?

Soz and all that, but since my first game in late '68, I haven't seen anything about him that marks him anything more than 'average' as a player for us.

He runs into more dead ends in a game than anyone I have seen in a Blue shirt.....maybe I am missing something...?

THIS!!!! He slows the game down all the time vastly overated!!

your comments are vastly overated ...thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.