Samir Nasri - a joy to watch

Nasri is a much better player when he plays in the middle. When he plays wide, he stays there and doesn't get involved as much as Silva. But when Nasri is in the middle, he picks it up deep and he pulls all the strings. He did it against West Ham and I was impressed with him then and late in the Ajax game he did the same. Very good player, but I think he is wasted at times

Needs the manager to bring the best in him, which he doesn't. Personally I'd stick im in the middle with 2 others.

sboroMCFC said:
Needs the manager to bring the best in him, which he doesn't. Personally I'd stick im in the middle with 2 others.

oh go on then
Mic.gif

One the best midfielder's in Europe our Sami,still not found is right position though,it should surely be CM.

I'm not saying he's the most effective footballer, I'm saying his ball control, movement and dribbling are sublime.

He's a footballer's footballer, if that makes sense

Johnsonontheleft said:
Nasri is a natural born footballer. His close control of a football is better than anyone I've seen in a blue shirt bar maybe Kinkladze who was on a similar level.

For a football purist he is an absolute joy to watch and doesn't get the praise he deserves sometimes. Thought he was excellent against Ajax.

A wind up - surely?<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:34 pm --<br /><br />
Johnsonontheleft said:
I'm not saying he's the most effective footballer, I'm saying his ball control, movement and dribbling are sublime.

He's a footballer's footballer, if that makes sense

none at all

Robbo. said:
Good footballer, but doesn't use his ability nearly enough. Goes missing to easily, thought he was average at best last night.

Did you ever watch Ali b?
If only ! The guy was brill he could thread a ball anywere and for his age he worked his nuts off !! Wish we had him now aged 25ish class act !!

Always thought we were just missing a Xavi player. The rest we can almost do.

midfield

Busquets......Yaya
Nasri.......Iniesta
Xavi.......??????

attack

Tevez.....Pedro
Silva....Messi
Aguero....Villa

I know people go on about moving Yaya forward but if we are trying to play like Barca he needs to play in Busquets position.

Having said that I liked the long ball, header by Balo, goal by Kun. Sometimes I think we could play a more direct style with width, in which case

Milner Yaya Barry Silva
Kun Balotelli

It's not Xavi we miss to come close to Barcelona, it's Messi of course, and penetration of our strikers and players on wide. Nasri and Silva maybe are not on pair with Xavi and Iniesta but can do most of the job these 2 are doing.

As much as we are trying to copy their style we can't do it as we don't have a movement and penetration they have in final third. Our strikers are too static, don't interchanging positions and we barely have any penetration from wide. Zabaleta comes closer to that but he's just not good as those Barca players like Pedro, Tello etc.. and he cuts inside too and doesn't have options but to shot (and miss).

Our most impressive two wins (spurs and rags away) came mostly from that wide penetration with Milner doing a great job at swamp and Nasri at WHL.

Add to that our strikers would never do the stuff Barca players done for first goals vs Celtic at home and the single last night one. They'd shot much earlier and probably miss. They're all just too greedy lot of times, I guess it's the competition thing and they want to add goals to their names to have a better chance of playing.

Damn, I wrote penetration so many times it looks little bit pervert :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.