Samir Nasri

RM made the mistake of taking him off for Silva instead of subbing Johnson. Had Nasri been allowed to work with Silva through the middle instead of effectively playing with 10 men with Johnson on the park then we may have had a different outcome.

des hardi said:
lets make this clear lads....this is how he played in his first year for the gooners. he figured he would make the french world cup squad and he was dropped,he spent the whole summer with this on his mind....and hit the ground running for the gooners that season. patience is still a virtue!!!! :D

It appears you ran out of it...................

Freestyler said:
Playing very wide, need him in the centre more.

Silva does for us, what Nasri did for Arsenal.

He was too quiet for us in the centre. Wenger moved him out wide, and then he scored 14 goals in half a season. You're right about Silva being a better player though, which will make it impossible for Nasri to assert himself at City.

Let's face it he's been poor all season. He's a poor mans Silva and would still prefer to see Milner or aj playing ahead of him.

we have not looked the same team since Nasri replaced Milner.

Get Milner back in the team ASAP, he has a great understanding with Silva and his work rate is second to none..

Citizenhill said:
I think the wing is the wrong place for him, he seemingly played better for Arsenal when he was in Fabregas' position in the centre attacking role.
No. Thats his worse position. He had his purple patch for us on the right wing.
Everytime he played centrally he ruined the whole team. Hes an average player in truth, i said this when we still had him.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:53 am --<br /><br />Dont know why people are calling him a central player. Man City signed him based on his performances for us on the wing. He never once performed in the middle and his goals came as a wideman

VanPersie said:
Citizenhill said:
I think the wing is the wrong place for him, he seemingly played better for Arsenal when he was in Fabregas' position in the centre attacking role.
Everytime he played centrally he ruined the whole team. Hes an average player in truth, i said this when we still had him.

I disagree. He's not an average player. I am an Arsenal fan as well but that's not true.

I just don't think he is consistent enough to be relied on. He is a nice player to watch but not top 10 material like Iniesta, Silva, Sneidjer etc...who all play in similar positions to him. I have watched several City games and he hasn't impressed me. The game just seems to go around him, meaning his influence is minimal.

For the 24m, 180k wages he is rumored to be earning, he is under-performing for you guys. Mata who is playing for a poor Chelsea team, and has no PL experience, has looked far the better signing.

I'm a gooner also, Nasri played his best football for us out wide, he is a fantastic footballer but doesn't do enough at times. He is in and out of the City side but will come good i think, the lad has great quality, we have missed him.

Nasri played in several positions for us, LW / RW / DM / CM / AM, he believes he is a no.10 playmaker but he is good on the left with a pacey full back behind him.

arsenalrob said:
VanPersie said:
Citizenhill said:
Everytime he played centrally he ruined the whole team. Hes an average player in truth, i said this when we still had him.

I disagree. He's not an average player. I am an Arsenal fan as well but that's not true.

I just don't think he is consistent enough to be relied on. He is a nice player to watch but not top 10 material like Iniesta, Silva, Sneidjer etc...who all play in similar positions to him. I have watched several City games and he hasn't impressed me. The game just seems to go around him, meaning his influence is minimal.

For the 24m, 180k wages he is rumored to be earning, he is under-performing for you guys. Mata who is playing for a poor Chelsea team, and has no PL experience, has looked far the better signing.

Good post , but i think Nasri was a guaranteed starter for Arsenal , dont take offence , but he is playing with better players now , and he will struggle to claim a regular place at City, and will be rotated. The £24m and wages are incidental to our club , we have several players "under performing" with regard to their fees and wages . Wenger has a knack of getting the best out of his personnel, Nasri was a perfect example of this ,and his teams always go out to entertain and play the right way, so unfortunatley for Arsenal supporters ,their players like Walcott,RVP etc will always be in demand

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=234727&hilit=nasri" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=234727&hilit=nasri</a>

Saw it in late September, got blasted, point still stands. Not as good as people think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.