Samir Nasri

inchy14 said:
Calcio said:
alky313 said:
I see a bright partnership forming. Silva and Nasri have the fastest connection in the league. Unfortunately our strikers are still getting used to their movement. They look like firm friends when playing with one another. I think David has benefited from having another player who can create in the side.
I cant see how you can fit in Silva, Toure, Nasri and play two strikers. With one striker it would work fine. With two strikers i think it will become unbalanced. Millner is completely different player and complement Toure and Silva with his work rate and dont mind doing their dirty work. Either Nasri has to become more disciplined or outs one of Toure or Silva, if not he will become a solid squad member who will get his share starts, but never be a guaranteed starter

Well it seemed to work at spurs!
it worked because Spurs were tactically very naive. They also had injuries to few of their defensive midfielders and played with Kranjar, Modric and Van der vart in midfield. They gave very little protection to their defence.

He was bought for rotation with Silva, you don't need two central playmakers, they Take each others space. It works to some extent when either switches wide, but neither are as effective wide, they both excel as roving around in the hole. Problem with rotation is it takes twice as long to get the team up to speed, and it is difficult to keep players on form.

Great player IMO

Actually I'm glad that we stated on the right foot at Wigan with Nasri & Silva to end our mini drought.

Everyone who has come has needed a little time to bed into the team, Yaya, Tevez, Silva etc all did. But obviously we have no patience these days. He's a class act. End of chat

Nasri as shown me enough to realise he will be a great player at City, you cannot judge him on what he does solely with the ball, his movement off the ball, pulling opposition players all over, tracking back etc, frees up space for our other players, if City fans are blessed with anything its patients, thats what we need to do with Samir, i truely believe next season, we can be as good as anything in Europe, Samir WILL be apart of that.

keep faith with him guys

At the moment he's a little slow on the ball, takes a touch too many and ends up getting caught in pocession. It's frustrating 'cause we know he's better than that.

But it's still early days and he needs to be given more time to settle in. Silva wasnt an instant success and look how he's turned out

He's not got the speed & stamina to keep running for 90 mins. If the ball isn't coming to him he won't go back to pick it up or close people down, which is Mancini's mantra. You'll see him lagging behind his opposite number when they are driving forward from midfield.

This is not a criticism, it's just the way he's played at Arsenal, stand in space and the players behind you will know where you are.
When he's started I've seen him play excellent in the first half then go off the boil after 60 mins. I'm of the opinion that he needs to improve his stamina and core strength. He won't be able to do this until the summer. Get him and AJ training with Jimmy Milner in the summer, Milner's stamina has made a big difference towards the end of games where he's played the full 90 minutes, just the same as it made a difference for Stephen Ireland in his 'good season'.

Next season, after a summer of pre-season work he'll be a different prospect.

at present i would not play nasri in the big games, he just disappears. He is fine against mid table and relegation material , but hes a typical wenger type of player , all the skill and absolutely no bottle. Hopefully he will grow a pair , and will become an asset , give him at least another season , all players take time to adapt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.