Samir Nasri

It was a great pass by Silva, and equally great finish by Nasri.

He looked more confident after the goal, taking on defenders bit more. Hopefully this is a turning point for him. Always thought he needed more time-think he'll come good.

(D'oh-we're of the same mind Dribble!)

Brilliant today, we need to find a way to get him in the middle of the park though, when he's kinking about in there he's at his best

I had put Nasri in the 'Needs to step up' category, Today he stood up and was counted for, lets hope its the start of a good run of form for him.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Fantastic 2nd half and hopefully he will get stronger now but his corners need to improve
Thought he put a few decent ones in today, Friedel commanded his area brilliantly and got on the end of most crosses and corners we put in today, against a smaller or less confident keeper i think those corners could have caused a lot of problems.

Very mature interview given by Samir. I have a lot of respect for this lad and can only wish him well because, as bobby would say, "he has everything".

Samir Nasri insists it was his ambition for trophies and not financial gain which drove him to leave Arsenal for Manchester City in the summer.

The midfielder has endured a tough start to life in Manchester since arriving in August, having struggled to pin down a regular spot in Roberto Mancini's star-studded side.

Nasri is adamant it was the right career move, a point he feels is proved by City's superior position in the Premier League, with Mancini's leaders currently sitting 15 points clear of the Gunners.
Motivation
Live on Sky Sports

Manchester CityvsTottenham Hotspur
Man City v Tottenham
January 22, 2012 1:00pm
Sky Sports HD 1

Remote Record

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is among those who have suggested an increase in wages was the primary motivation behind the Frenchman's move north.

But Nasri insists he joined City to fulfil his footballing ambitions and would have moved elsewhere if money had been the driving force behind his decision.

He told The Times: "When you're a fan of a club, you don't know what happens on the inside. The easiest thing for the fans to say is 'He went there for the money, he betrayed us'.

"I had a better (financial) proposition in another country, which I didn't choose.

"Yes I have good wages here, I can't deny, but every player has good wages. If you play at Arsenal, you have better wages than somewhere else.

"I didn't choose Manchester City for the money. The Premier League table shows that. "
Samir Nasri Quotes of the week

"I didn't choose Manchester City for the money. The Premier League table shows that."

Nasri admits his debut season at City has been disappointing so far but puts his poor form down to the upheaval of changing clubs.

"So far it's not my best season," he added. "It's always difficult when you change clubs, even when you stay in the same league.
Difficult

"I had a difficult season at Arsenal too, my first one, and after that everything went well.

"I've had a discussion with the manager. I know how things are. I know that, if I score goals and make assists, then I'll play. If I'm not in good form, I won't play.

"I'm a competitor and I love playing in the big games. But sometimes you have to accept that, in a big squad, you have to be on the bench, especially if you're not in good form. Then, when you have the chance, you have to show you deserve to play."

He is imporving game by game which is encouraging. Too many on here are quick write players off. It seems he will need a full season to settle in and get used to how things are done up here.

Milner came in for the same criticism last season. Now look at him - Mancini plays him in all the big games and he is a very important player for us.

I think we will be talking about Nasri in the same way next season

Very good performance today. This is only his first season with us, he will get better and better just like others have for us in the past after a season of settling in (Lescott and Mil er prime examples).

Calcio said:
inchy14 said:
Calcio said:
I cant see how you can fit in Silva, Toure, Nasri and play two strikers. With one striker it would work fine. With two strikers i think it will become unbalanced. Millner is completely different player and complement Toure and Silva with his work rate and dont mind doing their dirty work. Either Nasri has to become more disciplined or outs one of Toure or Silva, if not he will become a solid squad member who will get his share starts, but never be a guaranteed starter

Well it seemed to work at spurs!
it worked because Spurs were tactically very naive. They also had injuries to few of their defensive midfielders and played with Kranjar, Modric and Van der vart in midfield. They gave very little protection to their defence.

Yeah... They can't create together. I was so very wrong.

Wait no, that was you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.