Samir Nasri

Re: Nasri

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've said it since he joined. He's a clown. A coward. A waste of money and, nine times out of ten, a liability. Easy to defend against, difficult to defend behind. Too many moves break down when he's on the ball, too many runs are wasted. A two-trick pony.

Trick 1: The Nasri Shuffle. Receive the ball in a wide position. Put your foot on it. Show it to the defender. Rotate 90 degrees, taking four more touches, allowing the defender to get tight. Pass back to your holding midfielder while all your attackers have to check your runs and your opposition defence get organised.

Trick 2: The Half One-Two. Recieve the ball in a wide position. Take three touches and put foot on ball. Poke the ball ten yards to the feet of a tightly marked striker. Make run as though ready to receive one two, which never comes because your first pass was into too much of a danger area.

Not much to add ^^^

The biggest irony for me is handing best part of £80m to Arsenal for the likes of Adebayor, Kolo, Nasri...

And our best deal with them was also the cheapest - £7m Clichy - outstanding.

Nasri doesn't lack talent, but like Balotelli and a few others, lacks desire and application.

Spot on

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've said it since he joined. He's a clown. A coward. A waste of money and, nine times out of ten, a liability. Easy to defend against, difficult to defend behind. Too many moves break down when he's on the ball, too many runs are wasted. A two-trick pony.

Trick 1: The Nasri Shuffle. Receive the ball in a wide position. Put your foot on it. Show it to the defender. Rotate 90 degrees, taking four more touches, allowing the defender to get tight. Pass back to your holding midfielder while all your attackers have to check your runs and your opposition defence get organised.

Trick 2: The Half One-Two. Recieve the ball in a wide position. Take three touches and put foot on ball. Poke the ball ten yards to the feet of a tightly marked striker. Make run as though ready to receive one two, which never comes because your first pass was into too much of a danger area.

Not much to add ^^^

The biggest irony for me is handing best part of £80m to Arsenal for the likes of Adebayor, Kolo, Nasri...

And our best deal with them was also the cheapest - £7m Clichy - outstanding.

Nasri doesn't lack talent, but like Balotelli and a few others, lacks desire and application.

So he's not a two-trick pony then? Aren't goals and assists other 'tricks'?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5ol4wjtBQA[/youtube]

Still think this boy has it in him, just needs to be played right. And obviously, we play him wrong. I still insist that Nasri shouldn't be played like a playmaker, creativity and playmaking isn't in his strengths. Anyone who watch Nasri in his last season for Arsenal, where he scored double digits, can tell he's better being played as a second striker/attacking midfielder.

I don't agree he's a shite signing, shite signings are Savic, Boateng.

On a more lighter note, Nasri took 3 seasons to set the world alight at Arsenal, we are left with half a season. :)

Re: City need better attacking midfielder than Nasri

When Nasri got subbed for Dzeko yesterday I thought:

"I didn't even realize he was on the pitch."

Nasri is one of the most anonymous players in our squad. An alibi player. He will work hard enough to get an alibi, but no more.

Jonny68 said:
goatboy said:
and to think mata was the same price and is on 100k a week less:(

Carzorla was cheaper and is probably on less. Still all if's and buts but would have either of those two above Nasri anyday!

And when I said Hazard is better than him, many said Nasri is proven in the League while Hazard NOT.

Anyway, he still has a time to prove his worth.

Even though he is not my favorite attacking midfielder, but I still appreciate his contribution last year.

Re: City need better attacking midfielder than Nasri

Kompanyon said:

This !!

Will inject some much needed pace into a passive team.

Last nights performance was evidence of no pace, cutting edge and plan b against bottom of the league.

Also evidence of why we have and will continue to fail in europe until we inject some pace into our team allowing us to break on teams when games are tight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.