Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking great player, up to him whether he has the balls to fight for his place.
Agreed. It's a bad sign that he made it clear that he wasn't up for the fight last summer though. I really wanted him to stay and if he'd knuckled down I think he would have featured a lot and we'd have been better for it. Can't help but feel like he had his chance and opted out.

i'd say there's next to no chance of him staying, he could be useful to us but we have too many players in a similar mould that play in a similar position and crucially, we simply do not have the foreign spot in the squad for him. The only way he could stay is if we didn't bring in another attacker, be that Sanchez or an alternative and Nasri took that space. But again, Nasri isn't the kind of player we're lacking, he isn't a goal scorer and we already have probably as many as half a dozen players to play in the roles he could be used in.

If we were to keep him, our squad would be terribly imbalanced, Silva, Bernardo, KDB, Gundogan, Yaya and Fernandinho play in the positions he could be used in add Nasri to that and we have 7 central midfielders/creators leaving us with two wingers in Sane and Sterling (and potentially Roberts) and two strikers. You'd have to say that's poor squad management, as soon as we get a few injuries you're shoehorning players into positions they're not at their best in.

Agreed. It's a bad sign that he made it clear that he wasn't up for the fight last summer though. I really wanted him to stay and if he'd knuckled down I think he would have featured a lot and we'd have been better for it. Can't help but feel like he had his chance and opted out.
Yep. Anyone who thinks we're a better team without him needs to have a long chat with themselves. It's up to him. For me, he could be as good as Silva.

i'd say there's next to no chance of him staying, he could be useful to us but we have too many players in a similar mould that play in a similar position and crucially, we simply do not have the foreign spot in the squad for him. The only way he could stay is if we didn't bring in another attacker, be that Sanchez or an alternative and Nasri took that space. But again, Nasri isn't the kind of player we're lacking, he isn't a goal scorer and we already have probably as many as half a dozen players to play in the roles he could be used in.

If we were to keep him, our squad would be terribly imbalanced, Silva, Bernardo, KDB, Gundogan, Yaya and Fernandinho play in the positions he could be used in add Nasri to that and we have 7 central midfielders/creators leaving us with two wingers in Sane and Sterling (and potentially Roberts) and two strikers. You'd have to say that's poor squad management, as soon as we get a few injuries you're shoehorning players into positions they're not at their best in.
You could say the same about Sanchez the only difference is the goals. Apart from that nasri can do pretty much what Sanchez can do imo.

On his day he is a world class player but everytime he appears to have turned a corner he has a fall out or starts to coast again. It would be great to see a fully fit and committed Nasri but how often have we said that?

He is gone he isn't a patch on Silva, we can barely give nasri away. He has all the talent in the world but a piss poor attitude. Sevilla had an option to sign him permanent for less then 20mil i think but decided against it. 20mil doesn't get you much in this market. Loaned out until he is released I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.