Samir Nasri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Nasri has any fanboys on here. It's just that it isn't the end of the world if he is here to stay for the next season. But I'd guess it's highly, highly unlikely anyway. Doesn't mean he's completely useless or anything though.

Well last year, he fucked off after Pep allegedly said he'd let him stay, saying he wasn't guaranteed a place.

This season we have Bernardo Silva, Jesus & Maybe Sanchez, maybe Pat Roberts in addition to the players he would have been competing with last season, so if he did stay, the question would have to be 1: how do we fit him in & 2: why is he staying ?

Well last year, he fucked off after Pep allegedly said he'd let him stay, saying he wasn't guaranteed a place.

I'm not even too sure that there would have been room for him in our squad (he played in August when PL squads are not yet confirmed), so maybe we were just saving face or Pep said that he'd like him to stay, without adding that 'but he must fuck off now still'. :)

As for your second question, I think the only role in this team where he could play would be that 'free 8 role', which is normally occupied by Silva and KdB, but now we can add there Bernardo too, and obviously Yaya, Gundogan are actual options as well, assuming that there is one other pivot (Fernandinho) behind them. So yeah, given that's already 6 players for 3 places, I'm with you on this one and eventually this will be the reason that we will ship him off, however shit deal that would be.

With Fernando and Delph seemingly out of the picture, and it looking like Garcia will be loaned out there's certainly room in the team for Nasri, we've currently only got 6 players for 3 positions, one of them is a 34 year old and one has yet to recover from an ACL injury so an extra body in there wouldn't be over the top. The problem is, there simply isn't a foreign spot in the squad for him. It would hae to be a homegrown player and this is why i'm a little baffled at Delph being left out, we've currently got Sterling,Stones and Walker, leaving 1 "free" spot for another homegrown player, unless we're bringing in Bertrand or perhaps someone else it doesn't make much sense to let him go.

I'll never understand why Silva is not scoring more goals for us. His record for Spain is pretty good, he is scoring a goal per 197 minute for Spain, probably much better in last 2-3 years, I have a feeling he scores each game recently and in the league for City it's 443 minutes.

he see's the pass a better option far to much for me and sometimes maybe he is passing the buck to a team mate in fear of missing and the crowd giving him the bird but the game from his eyes and the way he views a pass is unbelievable add goals at premier league level and PFA would not need to vote for player of the season

Seeing pep wanted him to stay last season and Nasri told him he wanted out will pep still want him around.

What's the latest on Samir? He Looked decent when he came on shown a few promising signs, any chance of him staying on?

I like Nasri. Apart from he's a bit of a shithouse. He's a top class operator when he wants to be (and that's the main issue). If he was at Seville and hadn't played for a big team I could easily see him fetching £30m in this market. But given his record here where he was a little hit and miss and his salary we would be lucky to get £10m.

Be great if he got some fire in his belly and wanted to prove a point. Could be a great squad option.

I'd rather keep nasri and go buy and centre half worth the money rather than go all out and waste more time on Sanchez and lose out as I really can't see Arsenal selling him to an English club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.