Samir Nasri

How was he a ****? We poached him from a club who were way ahead of us. On his debut he watched Dzeko score an outrageous goal v Spurs and his face was a moment captured on camera.

He was successful for us. He didn’t go on strike or take the piss. A few did back then.
Agreed.
Sami Nasri was an absolutely Brilliant football player.
Top notch close control and technique.
I genuinely..cannot remember.anybody...taking the ball off him,during his time at City.i was there home and away every match.He had incredible skills,and he and Yaya and Silva had an understanding that only great midfield geniuses are capable of.
Fantastic Football player.

Loved Nasri on the pitch, bags of ability and had a habit of scoring in important goals for us. West Ham and the Sunderland goals were belters.

Felt weird seeing his picture today, only because of him being shamed. Not a fan of anybody being shamed for how they look and some of the comments on here are really poor.
Yes, they are.

It’s been shared on many Facebook pages with supposedly funny headlines. It was actually refreshing to see in the comments that those sites were being called out about it.

I hope nobody shows a pic of me compared to my hayday :) ,I thought he would thrive under pep,,the perfect player for a pep team, but he didn't fancy it imo,
When I think of him with city one thing comes to mind immediately, when he let the ball go out for a qpr throw in haha,luckily that turned out ok

Incredibly frustrating. One of the most talented footballers I’ve ever seen. Can’t help but feeling he didn’t reach his potential though. Good job he came to City or he’d have not won very much.
Why is it frustrating?
And for whom?
It was a Frustrating wait for me to see City win the title.
Nasri came along and was part of that 1st lifetime title win.
He had a brilliant career and was highly paid for his brilliance in Blue.
Nothing to be frustrated about at all,surely.?

Reactions: ffs
I hope nobody shows a pic of me compared to my hayday :) ,I thought he would thrive under pep,,the perfect player for a pep team, but he didn't fancy it imo,
When I think of him with city one thing comes to mind immediately, when he let the ball go out for a qpr throw in haha,luckily that turned out ok
Yep - that and his 'commitment' to the team shown in the wall (the 2 and a half men comment from Mancini) against the scum are the 2 things that come to my mind

Sadly he never reached his potential (partly through injury and partly through having the wrong attitude) but he still achieved a lot in his career and helped us win some big trophies. He was impossible to tackle on his good days, he was brilliant at recycling the ball, and he was a beautiful player to have alongside David Silva in those Mancini and Pellegrini teams. He was vital in the title charge in 2012, then vital again during the last 2/3 months of the season in 2014. He was never quite the same after that ankle injury at the start of Pellegrini's second season, which seemed to start a chain of injuries that he never got over, and by the time Pep arrived the standards were much higher than he could keep up with. But still, that doesn't mean he wasn't a classy player. He came in handy, had some great games for us, scored a goal in a League Cup final, and did that amazing celebration with Djibril Cisse after the Aguero QPR goal. Not a legend, but still a key member of the first City team to win the Premier League, so absolutely deserves a warm welcome whenever he comes back on a visit.

P.S.: He has one of the most underrated debuts in City history. 3 assists away at White Hart Lane, during a period where they were a bit of a bogey side for us, is one hell of a showing.

Sadly he never reached his potential (partly through injury and partly through having the wrong attitude) but he still achieved a lot in his career and helped us win some big trophies. He was impossible to tackle on his good days, he was brilliant at recycling the ball, and he was a beautiful player to have alongside David Silva in those Mancini and Pellegrini teams. He was vital in the title charge in 2012, then vital again during the last 2/3 months of the season in 2014. He was never quite the same after that ankle injury at the start of Pellegrini's second season, which seemed to start a chain of injuries that he never got over, and by the time Pep arrived the standards were much higher than he could keep up with. But still, that doesn't mean he wasn't a classy player. He came in handy, had some great games for us, scored a goal in a League Cup final, and did that amazing celebration with Djibril Cisse after the Aguero QPR goal. Not a legend, but still a key member of the first City team to win the Premier League, so absolutely deserves a warm welcome whenever he comes back on a visit.

P.S.: He has one of the most underrated debuts in City history. 3 assists away at White Hart Lane, during a period where they were a bit of a bogey side for us, is one hell of a showing.

I referred to that game in an earlier reply. His face is one of complete astonishment at Dzeko's super goal.

You sum it up well there. Not a legend, but a key member.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.