Samuele Ricci

He would have been a good acquisition because I believe he could have comfortably played at the back in a team with Rodri and taken the Stones role. He could also have played instead of Rodri.
dont think he has the passing/technical game, never been impressed with him personally. It we could take corners he might be decent

dont think he has the passing/technical game, never been impressed with him personally. It we could take corners he might be decent
Beg to differ. He has a very good range of passes, both incisive and sweeping, and offers more defensively than Luiz did. Some of the work he did in an appalling Everton side was really good, but people become fixated with his height and telescopic tackling. He already looks comfortable in the national team and will prove another shrewd investment by Villa.

Stats from today for anyone wondering how he got on.

View attachment 133282View attachment 133283
He was outstanding against France and is one of the main reasons Torino had gotten off to an unbeaten start and sat top of the table in Serie A until today. Excellent at ball distribution, breaking lines with his passing, and playing long diagonal switches. I think he's an overall better fit than Zubimendi, although I would take him aboard as well.

I follow the Serie A and have no doubt Ricci could help us. Would Torino consider selling him in January is also a question...

He was outstanding against France and is one of the main reasons Torino had gotten off to an unbeaten start and sat top of the table in Serie A until today. Excellent at ball distribution, breaking lines with his passing, and playing long diagonal switches. I think he's an overall better fit than Zubimendi, although I would take him aboard as well.

I follow the Serie A and have no doubt Ricci could help us. Would Torino consider selling him in January is also a question...
I think they would. We have a very good chance of getting him in January because Torino just won't be able to turn down an offer of the size being rumoured. Torino are a club I like immensely but a club like City coming in makes it difficult for them to keep the player. The wages on offer, as well as CL football, is a different level. The Spanish press are apparently saying that we're already in talks with the club.

I dont watch Seria A much, so keep us up to date on him. Ta.

Just to add to that, his contract is up in June 2026. So he'll have less than 18 months and his value will drop each window he doesn't move. Torino's hand could well be forced.

I think they would. We have a very good chance of getting him in January because Torino just won't be able to turn down an offer of the size being rumoured. Torino are a club I like immensely but a club like City coming in makes it difficult for them to keep the player. The wages on offer, as well as CL football, is a different level. The Spanish press are apparently saying that we're already in talks with the club.
What’s the price rumored? Because Torino actually doesn’t sell for low. Considering they wanted 100M for prime Belotti no matter the circumstances.

What’s the price rumored? Because Torino actually doesn’t sell for low. Considering they wanted 100M for prime Belotti no matter the circumstances.
Ricci would also be seen as a prudent long-term addition and, given his fee could go as high as £30m, he would not be a mere stop-gap. City have to decide whether to accelerate their summer plans because of Rodri’s injury.

From the Guardian article that broke this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.