Sanchez [Continued]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How would you feel if we didn't get Sanchez?

As stated on here each week, can we now go get Mata (relatively simple transfer) and stop pissing around or having the piss extracted by Udinese!

Mancio said:
Motty said:
Basically, this Sanchez saga seems to be rumbling on forever and I'm just wondering, how much do people really want him here? How much of an impact can he truly make here and if we didn't get him, how would you feel?

Personally, considering I haven't seen him play apart from in the World Cup, and I'm quite happy with our current attacking options, if we don't get him, I won't be too upset. Yes, I think there is a chance he could be great here but sadly I think there is also a risk he could be an anti-climax, I'm just not sure on him. Would rather have Sneijder, or maybe even Modric :) .

Your thoughts?

since when are sneijder and modric strikers ?
Well Sanchez isn't a striker neither. He's a right sided forward or a right winger, even. And if we signed Sneijder or Modric (central, attacking, creative midfielders) Silva can take up the position Sanchez would have taken up (the position he plays in when all of de Jong, Yaya and Barry play in centre mid), so i can see where he's coming from.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am --<br /><br />
Mad 4 It said:
As stated on here each week, can we now go get Mata (relatively simple transfer) and stop pissing around or having the piss extracted by Udinese!
Are they really taking the piss? Or are we just being impatient? I think Udinese are doing exactly what i would expect City to do if we were a selling club in a position to sell a player as good as Sanchez. We sold SWP to Chelsea for £21m and we're not offering that much moire for Sanchez who, to be honest, is a hell of a lot better a player than SWP! Udinese know the player well enough and have seen Sporting sell CRonaldo for just £17m when he was sold for £70m a few years later. Udinese think they are in the right to claim a bit more money than the player may be worth at this moment because they know he will become a special player. and do you know what?there's absolutely nowt up with that at all!

danburge82 said:
Mancio said:
Motty said:
Basically, this Sanchez saga seems to be rumbling on forever and I'm just wondering, how much do people really want him here? How much of an impact can he truly make here and if we didn't get him, how would you feel?

Personally, considering I haven't seen him play apart from in the World Cup, and I'm quite happy with our current attacking options, if we don't get him, I won't be too upset. Yes, I think there is a chance he could be great here but sadly I think there is also a risk he could be an anti-climax, I'm just not sure on him. Would rather have Sneijder, or maybe even Modric :) .

Your thoughts?

Well Sanchez isn't a striker neither. He's a right sided forward or a right winger, even. And if we signed Sneijder or Modric (central, attacking, creative midfielders) Silva can take up the position Sanchez would have taken up (the position he plays in when all of de Jong, Yaya and Barry play in centre mid), so i can see where he's coming from.

-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am --

Mad 4 It said:
Are they really taking the piss? Or are we just being impatient? I think Udinese are doing exactly what i would expect City to do if we were a selling club in a position to sell a player as good as Sanchez. We sold SWP to Chelsea for £21m and we're not offering that much moire for Sanchez who, to be honest, is a hell of a lot better a player than SWP! Udinese know the player well enough and have seen Sporting sell CRonaldo for just £17m when he was sold for £70m a few years later. Udinese think they are in the right to claim a bit more money than the player may be worth at this moment because they know he will become a special player. and do you know what?there's absolutely nowt up with that at all!

maybe i really dont know what really "striker" mean in English mate. for me sanchez is a striker as much as balotelli is.

Mad 4 It said:

Why have you made the assumption that Mata is a relatively simple transfer? What makes you think we have not been tying up deals for secondary targets in the mean time as a fall back?

Transfer lunacy at it's finest!

Mancio said:
danburge82 said:
Mancio said:
Well Sanchez isn't a striker neither. He's a right sided forward or a right winger, even. And if we signed Sneijder or Modric (central, attacking, creative midfielders) Silva can take up the position Sanchez would have taken up (the position he plays in when all of de Jong, Yaya and Barry play in centre mid), so i can see where he's coming from.

-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:36 am --

Mad 4 It said:

maybe i really dont know what really "striker" mean in English mate. for me sanchez is a striker as much as balotelli is.
Sorry, maybe a loss in translation. When Balotelli is in his best position (left of a front three) i don't consider him a striker. To me that's just a forward player, a left forward or even a winger in a small sense. To me strikers are the central attackers. I suppose it is open to differentiations though.

Best 'signing' of the summer is Tev staying put, I reckon.

Step forward AJ. Your season to shine.

Our forward line's as good as any in the permier league anyway, even without another signing.

I expect us to sign another wide man anyway. Some pace would take us forward.

Im arsed. AJ is good but inconsistent and he needs some serious competition.

It seems like that City are going from signing potentially one of the best player in the world....to signing someone much worse. Whoever City signs...is not really at Sanchez level.

I can only think about Hulk who City cannot afford either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.