Sane left out of Germany World Cup Squad

defended horribly isnt the word. Someone else above said they played like us last season and that sort of rings true. The number of times their wingbacks were out of position! It felt like Leicester could have beat them with all those gaps in the wingback areas.

They defending horribly and that is why they lost, nothing to do with Sane

They defended horribly because the full backs had to get forward to provide the attacking width (both Draxler and Muller like to come inside) which left the centre backs exposed. Sane would have lessened the attacking duties of Plattenhardt meaning Germany could have coped better with the Mexican counters.

They defended horribly because the full backs had to get forward to provide the attacking width (both Draxler and Muller like to come inside) which left the centre backs exposed. Sane would have lessened the attacking duties of Plattenhardt meaning Germany could have coped better with the Mexican counters.
I’m glad someone understands football.

Apply for the Germany job then, seemingly you understand it better than him.
Salty much. Don’t get arsey simply because another poster (not me I may add) pointed something out that you seemingly hadn’t considered.

Actually, scrap that, get as arsey as you want, I couldn’t care less.

I’ll also wait to see you never post a single tactical comment about any team lest you open yourself up to the label of hypocrite.

Apply for the Germany job then, seemingly you understand it better than him.

Low is more than welcome to play it the way he did tactically. Having your wingers cut inside with overlapping fullbacks is far from unusual. In fact Draxler and Brandt may well be better options than Sane if he's not relying on sheer or explosive pace from his wingers. I still think it was silly to leave such a fantastic plan B at home though.

However, I think he underestimated Mexico's ability to counter attack a very exposed pair of centre backs (as I think everyone did). He needed his full backs to put more emphasis on getting back (which most teams do) or play a more mobile DM that can cover the counters (as Fernandinho does for City).

Not sure what your reasoning is? They did lose and as a result questions will be asked. They did not of course lose because they missed Sane but on the basis of his PL performances people are entitled to question why he was left out of the squad. The guy who got in ahead of him Brandt looks useful and he would have been in the shop window so to speak. Remember a lot of German fans would have little interest in the PL and would only have seen Sane in a German shirt were he has not been that impressive apparently.

If Sane had been injured, they wouldn't have put the result on that reason, so why would not being in the squad. Low will get pelted but he has another few games to put it right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.