Sane left out of Germany World Cup Squad

I wouldnt bother, from the moment he started telling you that you were talking rubbish and asking for evidence I thought there's someone who wont change their mind.

You want me to change my mind on Sané's exclusion being down to football and attitude problems? You're right, I wont.

Sané had thee best season of any German player. He's shown incredible work ethic and attitude for City. Why would I change my mind?

Leading clubs & FA's all over the World influence squad selection. Didn't Nike make Ronaldo play in WC final despite collapsing? Wasn't Giovanni(not our one) being forced on the squad by Nike. I'm sure they could do without Neymar. Look at the shit that goes on with France & French FA.

I think the notion that FA's, big clubs and sponsors don't influence selection is a bit sheltered. Look at the desperation there is in England to see Sterling dropped, look how desperate they were to get Beckham or Rooney in despite fitness or form.

I don't think Sané was left out for his attitude or and certainly not on form. Just my view. I also don't think he deserves his "attitude" questioning.

I'm sure Leroy wasn't too pleased with Germany going out yesterday. After all, he'll play again soon for his country and a lot of his friends were involved in the shambles and he wont have enjoyed that.

What a pity the German manager decided to deny the competition a fantastic young-talent who could have lit up the finals.

Rather indirectly connected, but there is a post on the comments section under the article about the German demise, which blames ‘the guardiola effect’!
Apparently he single-handedly ruined germany’s top club and therefore its national side by ‘buying in all foreigners and not giving young german’s (sic) a chance’ He also didn’t have any strikers there ‘because he doesn’t like forwards’, all just before the World Cup giving the Germans no time to recover.
And, in case you hadn’t spotted it- he’s now ‘doing the same at City’!
I wonder if anyone else has noticed this glaring fault?

Rather indirectly connected, but there is a post on the comments section under the article about the German demise, which blames ‘the guardiola effect’!
Apparently he single-handedly ruined germany’s top club and therefore its national side by ‘buying in all foreigners and not giving young german’s (sic) a chance’ He also didn’t have any strikers there ‘because he doesn’t like forwards’, all just before the World Cup giving the Germans no time to recover.
And, in case you hadn’t spotted it- he’s now ‘doing the same at City’!
I wonder if anyone else has noticed this glaring fault?
Yeah, they're talking bollocks again.

"Guardiola might only have been in Germany for one season by the time Joachim Low won the World Cup but the Bundestrainer was not too proud to seek to emulate what was happening at Bayern during Pep’s time there. Bayern provided a bedrock for German success in Brazil with Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm, Jerome Boateng, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller and Mario Gotze all proving to be key assets en route to World Cup glory. Low’s attempt to utilise Lahm as a central midfielder was a strategy straight out of the Guardiola playbook"

That was from some other report after Germany won the WC.

I've read the article. You've jumped massively from "he didn't arrive good, he didn't play well" to an "attitude problem". I'm not going to base my opinions on what you've made up.
There is zero mention of attitude.

We simply started with 352. We were pretty average with it. We soon changed and the rest is history.

Your idea that if he'd had the season he'd had for us for at Bayern and he'd have not been a dead cert is frankly a lie. You know it is.

Oh yes, Brandt is playing for a much worse team, with much worse statistics, yet still got picked. You claim on work rate. Something Leroy is exceptional at, regularly commented on by pundits. I think it's because he plays in Germany.

You've jumped to your own conclusions. The fact that Sané did have a better season than any German forward, the fact that Germany clearly lacked pace, invention and the ability to beat a man would suggest they made a huge boo boo.

How's Ozil's work rate? Attitude? Better than Sané? What about Muller or Draxler?

Fact is, Sané had a much better season than Ozil, Draxler, Muller,Goretzka(played wide yesterday), Reus, Gomez. Sané was considered one of the best if not the best young forward in Europe. You think he got left out for footballing or attitude reasons. I think you're bonkers.

Sane has had a better season than the players you listed, but some of them have got a medal to back up their argument. Sane's performances for City were rewarded with him playing in friendlies and qualifiers but simply put, the Sane we've seen for City is not the Sane that has played for Germany. Löw has said it came down to a choice between Sane and Brandt, and went for Brandt based on what he had seen.

If you're saying Sane was left out for anything other than footballing reasons (ie Bayern's decision), you need to take a look in the mirror before calling people bonkers.
2015%2B-%2B1

Sidenote, if you had to rank Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane, De Bruyne, D Silva, and Fernandinho in terms of work ethic, where would you put Sane?

For me he is 6th out of 7, and I've not got 5 better superlatives to describe work rate of those ahead of him. On that basis I think you have overstated "exceptional". I would say its ok for a winger.

Sane has had a better season than the players you listed, but some of them have got a medal to back up their argument. Sane's performances for City were rewarded with him playing in friendlies and qualifiers but simply put, the Sane we've seen for City is not the Sane that has played for Germany. Löw has said it came down to a choice between Sane and Brandt, and went for Brandt based on what he had seen.

If you're saying Sane was left out for anything other than footballing reasons (ie Bayern's decision), you need to take a look in the mirror before calling people bonkers.
2015%2B-%2B1

Sidenote, if you had to rank Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, Sane, De Bruyne, D Silva, and Fernandinho in terms of work ethic, where would you put Sane?

For me he is 6th out of 7, and I've not got 5 better superlatives to describe work rate of those ahead of him. On that basis I think you have overstated "exceptional". I would say its ok for a winger.

I'd put Sané up with any of them. He's worked his socks off this season.

Yes, FA's and top clubs interfering in national team selections is real tin foil hat stuff.

Leroy is the victim of Low's loyalty to a group of players who have served him well over the years, who won him the world cup and whom he cannot bring himself to jettison. In addition to this we have to acknowledge Low's exceptional conservatism in matters of tactics and formation. These are the two threads which run through Low's career in the German national set up since 2006.

Last year Germany sent a young team to the Confederations Cup, won it convincingly and Low responded by filling about half his squad for Russia with players from the Confederations Cup. Sane was not included because his form for Germany was not good enough -no goals and no assists. This from a lad who shredded PL defences virtually every week. Julian Brandt was the better bet for Germany, we were told. Very telling though was the fact the Brandt was only used as a sub, totalling only 19 minutes on the pitch in 3 games! Low plays midfielders centrally and expects his "full backs"to provide the width. Hence Germany were shredded down the flanks. Leroy would have been wasted and Germany lost out massively. This is why he was not one of the Confederations Cup squad taken to Russia and Low and Germany must live with it.

Germany has paid for Low's loyalty to a group of players as well. The only player who played in the Confederations Cup to play in all 3 matches in Russia is Kimmich. Nine Confed Cup players actually got onto the pitch but only 3 played a full 90 minutes and one of them, Sule, only played at all because Boateng was suspended. The others either started but were replaced by players Low had trusted for years when things weren't going well or were thrown on late in a desperate attempt to salvage a result. Apart from that Low stuck with the same old gang: Neuer, Boateng, Kroos, Muller, Reus, Gomez, Hummels, Khedira and, of course, Ozil. How many have shown good form over the last year? How many have struggled with injury? Six of them played in Germany's defeat to Spain in the semi-final of the 2010 world cup and six (only Kroos was a newcomer) played in the final of 2014. Of the other 5 2014 finalists Low had to replace 3 because of retirement. He seems to change nothing if its an option, most Germans are not surprised by their elimination and how did he not sense that many of his trusted circle are no longer good enough. Our lad is but not with a manager like Joachim Low.

Not sure if the following has already been said, apologies if that is the case. My take on Sane not being picked is that it is a sign of a conflict inside the German team. It looks like the old guard does not like that new and younger players step up to the plate and claim a place. Toni Kroos more or less said it directly after a game last year (might have been France, but I am not sure). He said something along the lines of certain young players should make sure that their performance on the field matched their off field behavior. He gave no names, but it was believed he was talking about Leroy Sane at the time.
In my humble opinion this tells a lot about why Leroy was not picked, and a lot about the generation conflict in the German team.

Löw made the decision to stick with the old guard, and consequently did not pick Leroy. He did bring some of the younger Confed cup winners (Brandt for one), but he really never let them play. His team core was the old guys who won in Brazil, and these guys simply didn't deliver. Looking backwards the performance in Russia actually seems a logical continuation of the tired play the national team has showed since 2017.

It is easy to be wise in retrospective, but Löw should have rebuilt his team around the young Confed cup generation, and left the likes of Khedira, Özil, Gomez, Müller and Kroos at home.

Leroy is the victim of Low's loyalty to a group of players who have served him well over the years, who won him the world cup and whom he cannot bring himself to jettison. In addition to this we have to acknowledge Low's exceptional conservatism in matters of tactics and formation. These are the two threads which run through Low's career in the German national set up since 2006.

Last year Germany sent a young team to the Confederations Cup, won it convincingly and Low responded by filling about half his squad for Russia with players from the Confederations Cup. Sane was not included because his form for Germany was not good enough -no goals and no assists. This from a lad who shredded PL defences virtually every week. Julian Brandt was the better bet for Germany, we were told. Very telling though was the fact the Brandt was only used as a sub, totalling only 19 minutes on the pitch in 3 games! Low plays midfielders centrally and expects his "full backs"to provide the width. Hence Germany were shredded down the flanks. Leroy would have been wasted and Germany lost out massively. This is why he was not one of the Confederations Cup squad taken to Russia and Low and Germany must live with it.

Germany has paid for Low's loyalty to a group of players as well. The only player who played in the Confederations Cup to play in all 3 matches in Russia is Kimmich. Nine Confed Cup players actually got onto the pitch but only 3 played a full 90 minutes and one of them, Sule, only played at all because Boateng was suspended. The others either started but were replaced by players Low had trusted for years when things weren't going well or were thrown on late in a desperate attempt to salvage a result. Apart from that Low stuck with the same old gang: Neuer, Boateng, Kroos, Muller, Reus, Gomez, Hummels, Khedira and, of course, Ozil. How many have shown good form over the last year? How many have struggled with injury? Six of them played in Germany's defeat to Spain in the semi-final of the 2010 world cup and six (only Kroos was a newcomer) played in the final of 2014. Of the other 5 2014 finalists Low had to replace 3 because of retirement. He seems to change nothing if its an option, most Germans are not surprised by their elimination and how did he not sense that many of his trusted circle are no longer good enough. Our lad is but not with a manager like Joachim Low.
There is a lot of truth in that post, if you ask me. What you said about full backs providing the width made me think about how the German play has also shown how a player like Timo Werner simply is not very well suited to ball possession football. He is a counter attacking player and belongs in a team like (dare I say it) Liverpool, rather than a Pep-team. Löw also failed to get the best out or Timo Werner, in the same way as he has consistently failed to get something out of Leroy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.