Sane left out of Germany World Cup Squad

Sane would not have made a difference to Germany, he needs space to work in and at City we create the space for him to run into. Lowe likes to congest the middle of the park and play inside forwards, allowing space for the fullbacks, he doesn't change that for anyone and that's been proven in the few games Sane has played for Germany.
Then Loew is an idiot for becoming too wedded to a particular system as a national coach with a limited pool of possible players.

Sane would not have made a difference to Germany, he needs space to work in and at City we create the space for him to run into. Lowe likes to congest the middle of the park and play inside forwards, allowing space for the fullbacks, he doesn't change that for anyone and that's been proven in the few games Sane has played for Germany.
Agreed, Leroy just never looked as if he fitted into Loew's rather inflexible tactical set-up though I still think he should have been taken as an impact sub. He should thrive under a new coach with a less rigid approach.

Loew is part of the problem - he became overly dependent and loyal to a set of players - many of whom like Mueller have faded very quickly. There also seems to be factions and issues in the squad which none of us will ever get to understand until the player biographies come out in 5 to 10 years time. The DFB might fire Loew as a response to the national disappointment but in reality they have a great coach who has delivered at the highest level. Loew should in all seriousness be given the chance to put this right and build another team from the younger ranks of an outstanding German squad. The mischievous side of me would however would like to see Loew get the bullet and for the DFB to appoint the ultimate cheerleader in his place (Klopp) but that’ll never happen. I’d be amazed if Loew was sacked but he may well walk because he’ll have a very long queue of clubs lining up to get him and he will be getting some very serious shit from the German media - which can be every bit as vicious and slightly more intelligent than our own.

How does Pep agree with you? He plays Sané every week. He could have signed Brandt or Reus any time he wanted. Yet he signed Sané and played him every week. Sané played every big game for us when fit, Aguero, Jesus and Sterling were all left out of big games. I think we know who Pep trusts the most.

The punishment thing isn't far fetched, pissing off Bayern is a big thing. The exclusion certainly wasn't supported by statistics or form.

Jeez. Did you click the link? Pep literally said Sane had a shit preseason and didnt deserve to play....

Sane didn't start the Liverpool home game which was our first big game of the season. He came on late and proved a point, scoring twice. That doesnt change the question mark over his attitude to begin with, and the German (and English) media have pointed to that as a contributing reason to why he wasn't selected.

I'm going to ignore the 'not far fetched' comment about Bayern because if you cant see how fucking stupid that is then I'm not going to waste my time discussing this.

Statistics - Leroy has made 12 appearances for Germany. He has no goals and one assist. Brandt has made 19 appearances and has one goal and two assists.

Form - In the final game before the squad was announced, Leroy was dogshit when they got beat against Austria, and was the nail in the coffin for him missing out.

Well i wouldn't go as far as saying he's an idiot, he has won the world cup, but he's been proven wrong and he should learn from it (but still be sacked).
Scolari won a world cup, didn't stop him making idiotic mistakes in the last one.

Jeez. Did you click the link? Pep literally said Sane had a shit preseason and didnt deserve to play....

Sane didn't start the Liverpool home game which was our first big game of the season. He came on late and proved a point, scoring twice. That doesnt change the question mark over his attitude to begin with, and the German (and English) media have pointed to that as a contributing reason to why he wasn't selected.

I'm going to ignore the 'not far fetched' comment about Bayern because if you cant see how fucking stupid that is then I'm not going to waste my time discussing this.

Statistics - Leroy has made 12 appearances for Germany. He has no goals and one assist. Brandt has made 19 appearances and has one goal and two assists.

Form - In the final game before the squad was announced, Leroy was dogshit when they got beat against Austria, and was the nail in the coffin for him missing out.

He didn't start because we were playing 352.

You don't think Bayern have sway with the German FA? You don't think playing for Bayern improves your chances? You don't think playing opinion Germany helps your chances? Ok. We'll have to agree to disagree. I even have a Spurs fan living next door who seems to hate City, he couldn't wait to text me saying Sané should have chosen Bayern. There is literally no way on this planet had Sané had his statistics and won young German player of the year playing for Bayern that he'd have been left out. You know that.

So Brandt has no better statistics for Germany. Yet much worse club statistics. Thus proving my point.

I'm guessing if they lost to Austria they were all shit and it should have been a huge wake up call, it obviously wasn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.