Sane left out of Germany World Cup Squad

The kid couldn't breathe so he had to get his septum sorted,it was not a nose job in the way it is implied by our german rag friend,he had to have it done some time and it was done then so world cup summer was free,if the manager is acting like a baby over that then he doesnt deserve him,hope the germans bomb out early,as for saying he has a bad attitude,nice dig with no proof

We know that now. That was not evident to me before he was dropped. I hadn't realised he was struggling in the German squad.

This must be a rational decision by the coach which is a little bit worrying as it suggests Sane has some weakness.
No weakness it's more the fact the manager has his tried and tested players he is loyal to them which is understandable.

Could be the making of Leroy.

There are facets of his game which still need a kick up the arse but it's criminal he wasn't selected.

He's a young lad and hope he uses it to show just how good he is going to be for City next season.

Can't wait. Chin up, Leroy. We still love you.
Leroy already has his head screwed on and will take this in his stride. By the age if 26 I am pretty sure he will be one of the top players in the world.
I suspect that Low knows Germany wont go far in the competition with a badly misfiring attack unless their defence is rock solid. Muller and the other attacking midfielders have been dreadful for Germany this season and Low knows his only hope is to play them all into form in a series of games.
Low uses a fluid 4-2-3-1 formation and his tactics require wingers who track back. For Sane to nail a regular start for Germany as one if the 3 his defending needs to improve (and lets be honest his appearances for us as a wing back for us have been bobins). That said if you need to score there is non better than Sane so from that perspective it is a dreadful decision not to take him as at least a sub.
As an England fan I'm delighted as we have a high probability of playing Germany in the QF if we manage to get out of our group.
Quite simply, Low has made an absolutely colossal cock up IMO.

Last edited:
Let's be honest Sane is being punished for having the audacity to play for an English club. I'm sure the attitude of Hummels is matched by many in the squad, especially the arrogant Bayern contingent.

I also think this was partly influenced by the German FA, it's no secret they are jealous of the money floating around the PL. The exclusion of Sané is a talking point and will continue to be whenever Germany play, those around the world less in the know will assume the young PL player of the year was not good enough to make the squad comprised mainly of Bundesliga players. They would have wanted Sané to remain in Germany with a move to Bayern but he made his own mind up.

Not that Brandt is a bad player but I'm even sceptical of the excuse that this was a "defensive decision" as Sané has improved immensely in that area under Pep, think back to the amount of times we saw Sané sprinting back into his own half to stop the counter in the second half of the season, it was like having another Kyle Walker on the other flank at times. Yes he can switch off defensively but I doubt Brandt as a winger is not susceptible to that like most wingers are, I doubt it would happen much in a Germany shirt where his inclusion is not a given and every mistake magnified.

No weakness it's more the fact the manager has his tried and tested players he is loyal to them which is understandable.

It’s kind of like Maureen deciding on his best squad....... Sane would suffer the same fate with managers who are one dimensional, which Low most definitely is.

This is why we see genuine greatness in Peps coaching ability, even Afrikaans!!!

Gundogan and Rudiger and Ozil are playing in England.
Trapp, ter Stegen, Kroos, Kedhira, Draxler also don't play for Bayern (who I dislike) but outside Bundesliga.

@bobbyowenquiff Sorry mate, that's absolutely no point at all and never has been.

It's also not about positions.
IF Low wanted to have Sané in his squad for his strengths, he would have had enough options to find find a lineup including Sané. He also has been switching to the right wing for City hasn't he? Or he could have been used as a great sub as many have stated several times.

Sané is on another level compared to Brandt.
If we ask what Sané has done for Germany - wtf has Brandt done??

The only point that really makes sense from my perspective is the team approach, that is key for Low.
The idea of a very strong team where every one supports every one 1000% is making the difference on the top level.

That's Low's philosophy ever since. Not a single exception can be tolerated.
There are some indications from several interviews with players and staff members, that Leroy didn't match that philosophy in the way he had to.
The consequence now is preferring a less talented and succesfull player like Brandt, who is just matching the team philosophy.

Maybe the fact that Brandt was one of the 4 dropped players in 2016 has had an influence. Not very convincing for me though.

I would have preferred Low and key players would have had a serious talk with Sané demanding a perfect team attitude.
Now we don't know if this has happened in some way. Actually I think those basics are addressed in a quite direct "German" way.

Bottom line I really hope Leroy takes some time and good advice to think about himself and his part of the sad story.
I always prefer the attitude and work ethics of the likes of KDB compared to Christiano Ronaldo.

I have watched Leroy often enough for City where I couldn't really say he has worked his socks off.
And still I love that lad and he would have been my man for the world cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.