SAS Rogue Heroes

Anyone else watched this? I so want it to be good but I doubt it will be

What a load of confected made up load of bollocks. The only accuracies I could discern were the location and the names of the main protagonists.
I enjoyed it for what it was. Sure it's "based" on the book but if you ignore that then it's an ok way to spend an hour or so watching tv.

The documentary that played after it was bloody brilliant though.

I’ve read the book (and I’m not a reader at all) and watched the documentary. Both very good.

613AE24E-62C1-4B8E-AFE8-19C17DCBA7D0.jpeg

I’ve not watched the dramatised series yet. I was hoping it was going to be like Band of Brothers and The Pacific. I take it it’s not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it, but it was a load of shit. I can only assume it's going to be like Peaky Blinders, in that you have to watch every episode to understand what's going on in the later programmes.

I'll not be watching it again. As a lifelong student of the 2nd world war, my interest faded very quickly.

I’ve read the book (and I’m not a reader at all) and watched the documentary. Both very good.

View attachment 59695

I’ve not watched the dramatised series yet. I was hoping it was going to be like Band of Brothers and The Pacific. I take it it’s not?

Ben Macintyre is a great writer, I've read a few of his books on the Cold War. The problem here is the BBC haven't done the book any justice with this toss dramatised series which has received the Peaky Blinders makeover. I'm a fond student of then events of WW2 but it's glorification and this faux romantic narrative it seems to have with our population.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.