SAS Rogue Heroes

Save your time and watch "All quiet on the Western front" on Netflix. No romance involved or glorification of war. Just a tragic masterpiece which best reflects the horrors of war.

What a load of confected made up load of bollocks. The only accuracies I could discern were the location and the names of the main protagonists.
Shame - i was going to watch this. The story doesn't need anything added but then i guess they have to add something to make it a dramatisation.

The documentary series it's based on is showing in all 3 parts on bbbc4 now. Great factual series by author/journalist Ben MacIntyre, really touching archive interviews with veterans including Stirling filmed in the 1970s/1980s.
When he got back to London after his stint in Colditz he stated that on the second night he mentioned 'roger'? Funny thing, I never heard the name in any of the three episodes, There was a Paddy, a Jack, and a parachuting padre, but not a roger!

Currently reading this book. Nearer the truth of his character. View attachment 59917
After the description of how he saved that bunch half way up the road I wondered whether Paddy received a VC. Three DSOs apparently and probably more than enough to warrant a VC, but he might have had the wrong kind of accent or drank the wrong kind of liquor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.